GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had contact from my dealer today to say my Red Auto GT86 with leather was ready for collection on Thursday and was at their garage.
As I'm as keen as mustard to get it I went down there to have a look and there was my car with number plate on BUT......................with a MANUAL gearbox. Suffice to say the sh*t has hit the fan somewhat and the dealer is urgently trying to get my car from the central depot asap. The dealer had ordered an auto but itseems someone up the line in Toyota GB (who I'd spoken to whenI drove the car in France for What Car magazine) tried to speed things up but in doing so altered the order. The dealer was really embarrassed.

I've also just sold my little runaround car today (goes on Saturday) and the dealer has said he will put me in another Toyota straightaway until my car arrives.

See, i told you, you couldn't make it up.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wow, major bummer dude! Best of luck, I hope they sort it out for you asap!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Took delivery of an Up! for my wife's birthday earlier in the year.

Drove it away, then realised 10miles down the road that it was not the vehicle I had ordered

Took it back, got refund and walked away.

It does happen.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedymurr said:
not tempted to keep the manual?
No chance. Want what I want. It's just so typical, even when they told me it was in I still thought something would go wrong but didn't foresee this.

I've been asured a red auto is at the depot so lets see what happens.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
One question arises though that has not been asked yet...
If they get your correct car from warehouse who's car is it really ?
Some one else will now be disappointed I suspect so they can fulfil your order correctly

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Celica66 said:
One question arises though that has not been asked yet...
If they get your correct car from warehouse who's car is it really ?
Some one else will now be disappointed I suspect so they can fulfil your order correctly
Hi Celica

You havea point. I did think about this today for about 0.001 secs

The AutoGT86 they said is at the depot is shown as "live" on the system which the dealer said means it'snot earmarked for anyone so that might mean it was mine all along. To be honest after the day I've had I couldn't give a monkeys, I guess someone out therecould be waiting on a red manual.

These things are sent to test us.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Totally agree and you have my best regards to get sorted ASAP
Just pointing out that some porte person may also be disappointed as well

Good luck and enjoy your Auto

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Blimey that is bad. That is like me ordering a car and going down to get it to find it's an auto! Nooo! ;)

Seriously though, hope you get it sorted.

G

·
I fear the best he'll get is a tank of fuel or something trivial. Effectively it's just a late delivery and they rarely commit to firm promises as it's largely out of their control. A goodwill gesture would be nice for a few days delay but I suspect that'll be it.I'm sure OP is genuinely gutted though - I would be.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thats actually pretty funny :) I would have said to them im taking the Manual home and will keep it until you get the auto.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.