GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm from California, I was wondering if anybody has upgraded their stock exhaust and has their exhaust tips available, I would like to buy them. I hate the USDM tips and new JDM tips are too expensive. Let me know-Thanks.

G

·
I may be able to help, but still undecided.I've replaced the stock system but not happy yet so need to retain the original just in case I need to revert.
I'll make a note of your details and let you know if they become available.
Thread started here: click.

Oh, and welcome.

Edited by: lordgrover

G

·
The grass is always greener, mate.You are way ahead of us as it was only released here two months ago - we envy the kit you have available already.
Best of luck.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
oscarsturu said:
Thanks!
You euro and aussie guys are lucky, ours are Scion branded and have less goodies than you.

To be fair though, your car is a lot cheaper to buy.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
tank commander said:
i have noticed that most people want to get rid of all signs of scion on their cars why is this.

Scion is a division of Toyota that (I believe) was brought in to sell to the younger American market. Lexus was a brand that Toyota used for their upmarket products as another example.

I think Toyota did this for the US I'm guessing due to perhaps the perceptions of younger buyers in regard to Toyota and the brand being seen as producers of reliable but boring cars. So anything Scion is cheap (as a necessity at aiming at a younger market) and gets much poorer spec because after all you have to save money somewhere.

In answer to the Commander's question, Scion is not seen as cool, which is ironic really!

·
Registered
566 Posts
In the UK I'd have thought Subaru was the cool brand for the younger driver. Though I see myself as more of a Toyota man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Real Toyota enthusiasts admire Toyota notreally thenew brand of Scion. We admire the Toyota heritage, from GT2000 to Supras and MR2s, JDM is what most U.S. Toyota followers desire so when Scion is thrown in the mix in takes away from the heritage...if i have to have a Scion branded GT86/FRS then ill take it...it is what it is. (atleast they are cheaper)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
oscarsturu said:
Real Toyota enthusiasts admire Toyota notreally thenew brand of Scion. We admire the Toyota heritage, from GT2000 to Supras and MR2s, JDM is what most U.S. Toyota followers desire so when Scion is thrown in the mix in takes away from the heritage...if i have to have a Scion branded GT86/FRS then ill take it...it is what it is. (atleast they are cheaper)
and if you must then have a toyota, go to a toyota dealer and ask some badges. u can bet there will have been loads of people who will have had their car debadged from the dealers

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
tank commander said:
oscarsturu said:
True, but we should have the options available.
i noticed that in a picture,the zorsts look like p-shooters,what other differences are there and why?.
The US misses out of LED running light, HID headlights, Touch Stereo, Dual
zone aircon (they get a button to turn it on or off only like on a
yaris), Auto headlights, Folding mirrow, Heated mirror, foglights, big bore exhaust, they dont have the patches of leather for your legs to hit when cornering, big crome exhuast, spoiler, keyless entry and start, ......ect I could go
on but a whole manor of goddies. Then again its like $28k(£18.5k) out
the door... The extra £7k we pay is about £3k more VAT and the other £4k is for all the goddies..... I suspect the Yen is equally bad/good for the Dollar vs GBP.

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have the entire Stock exhaust system.

I maybe pursuaded to sell my tips at the right price!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
aspen8 said:
GT86Owner said:
...Heated mirror...

Sorry for the off topic question, do our cars have heated mirrors?

Yes - It's linked in to the FrontDi-mistbutton.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.