GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy I'm needing to replace my blades and wonder what everyone was using (recommendations).

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
In December 2019 I fitted:

"Fits Toyota GT86 ZN6 Coupe 22" / 20" Front Aero Flat Jointless Wiper Blades"

Which are £9.44 delivered from "mr-wiper" on eBay.

Bosch Aerotwin blades (about £27 - eBay) do sound posher, but I'm happy enough with my purchase - have performed faultlessly over 16 months and roughly 6000 miles to date.

They also look a bit "cooler" than the ones that came off (which were standard issue, I think) not that I've spent much time studying them since.....:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I use these Michelin Stealth Hybrids, though I buy them from Costco. These have been the best in my experiences so far, and I've used them in all of my vehicles since 2010.

I managed to find the Bosch Aerotwin ones cheap last year, so decided to give them a go, and was expecting them to be good. I was sorely disappointed. They were terrible, and very dangerous. They were leaving big smears in the center of the screen. I tried everything to remedy them, but ultimately they just aren't suited for our shape of windscreen. I binned them after a couple of weeks and went back to the Michelin's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ill go have a look at the ones you all mentioned.

·
Registered
546 Posts
ECP sell the factory Denso Hybrid blades. I've always found them to be very good and last a decent amount of time. I don't think they come up as being compatible on ECP's site but they are :)

I think... There might be a lot of fake Bosch Aerotwin's on the market? Or there is an issue with their QC department?
Where as I've always found them to be good, I've had a few friends who reported an issue with them, after picking up a 'cheap' set on Amazon or eBay. Where as I normally pick them up from ECP or GSF when there is a sale on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ECP sell the factory Denso Hybrid blades. I've always found them to be very good and last a decent amount of time. I don't think they come up as being compatible on ECP's site but they are :)

I think... There might be a lot of fake Bosch Aerotwin's on the market? Or there is an issue with their QC department?
Where as I've always found them to be good, I've had a few friends who reported an issue with them, after picking up a 'cheap' set on Amazon or eBay. Where as I normally pick them up from ECP or GSF when there is a sale on.
I have the Bosch ones purchased from Halfords (I get a discount via work making them an acceptable price lol) and they smear and occasionally judder so weren't much better than the worn out ones they replaced.

Might try these Michelin ones as like gazza82 said they would be fantastic if they lasted as long as the primacies as over 40k and still nowhere near legal limit so might change my tyres regardless as they are rubbish too lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went for the Michelin stealth ones. Figured they were pricy but after speaking to a mate whose brother uses them on his car ( not a GT86 though), i thought they be be grand. So I can say so far.... they were a doddle to fit with lots of different connectors in the box for different fittings, and so far there has been zero judder and almost no noise from them. They will of course need a good burst of rain to try them proper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts