GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

With an August ETA, will you hold off until Sept for the new plate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good few people have August delivery dates. If so are you planning to wait further weeks to get the new September plate?

Even if your putting on private plates, when reselling the car the plate designation will be asked. So does it really matter to you personally?

·
Registered
469 Posts
As this is the very first brand new car I've bought, I was really keen to have a 62 plate and with my ETA being late September that all fell into place quite nicely.

If there had of been a 12 plate available I'd have waited (I know, self torture..!) and delayed my order to get a 62 plate.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If you are planning on keeping the car longer term, then other than for vanity, aug vs sep is irrelevant.

If however you are only going to keep it for, say, 3 years, then I'd go for September.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine's due mid-August and I've got a plate to go on itso I'm taking it whenever I can get my hands on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I will wait till september.

My dealer now reckons I should get a midnight handover on the car. I will keep the plate on it for 6 months then put my private plate on it which is what i usually do with all my cars. You could call it a bit of a pose thing I suppose, but it's just something I have always done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts