Will you modify your 86?

• Yes - Some engine / exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

Will you be modifying?

14K views 99 replies 47 participants last post by  GT86_WRM 
#1 ·
Just popped a quick poll up to see what your intentions are with the car.

Personally, I've never had a car with modified engine parts so will probably stick to a few cosmetic bits and maybe change of alloys.

#2 ·
I voted extensively in that I will be changing things like the bodywork, wheels, suspension, brakes seats, and tuning the engine although keeping it N/A. I am going to try my upmost to do one modification at a time so I can be subjective and feel the difference of each individual part in my next drive. To many times in the past I have slapped a number of parts on in one go and been unable to work out which has been responsible for an improvement or cause an issue I am unhappy with.

Ultimately it will be my daily driver, so I will try to resist things like stitch welding the chassis, stripping the interior, fitting a roll cage and removing the air conditioning.

Edited by: Pablo

#5 ·
In the long run it would be extensive but I'd be taking it in steps like Pablo said. First area for attention would be wheels and exhaust, then suspension depending on how the car sits. After that it gets a bit more hazy as I don't know what would work with the car.

#7 ·
I'll be modifying heavily. It's in my nature there's always something tht manufactures hold back on to suit EU regulations. I'll be looking to exploit those ASAP. Will be interesting to see if any of the big Subaru tuners bring out packages. I'm hoping Scoobyclinic will after seeing their Time Attack cars.

#13 ·
Dan yep you're wrong, i had a remapped chip put into my BMW ECU and it gave an extra few horses as well as raising the rev limit and in turn gave me better fuel economy.

#17 ·
My dealer was telling me that it wasn't just a software upgrade and can't be upgraded later on because gps components are installed during the build, supposidly more that 1 gps component so the software always knows which direction your facing, but he could be wrong.

I was hoping to hold out for the TRD limited edition but got a good deal which I doubt I'd get on the limited edition so I'll probably mod my car at some point in the future. Never really modded a car before but always wanted to, so what better car to do it to!

#18 ·
I will looking to add a few mild and subtlemodifications, namely the cosmetics towards the interior. just a few tweaks, here and there. A subtle body kit too, and a new exhaust. I would look to take the rear spoiler off too, just fill in the bolt holes.

#20 ·
Keethos said:
My dealer was telling me that it wasn't just a software upgrade and can't be upgraded later on because gps components are installed during the build, supposidly more that 1 gps component so the software always knows which direction your facing, but he could be wrong.

I was hoping to hold out for the TRD limited edition but got a good deal which I doubt I'd get on the limited edition so I'll probably mod my car at some point in the future. Never really modded a car before but always wanted to, so what better car to do it to!

Your dealership can retrofit it, we did we our demo!

#25 ·
Crappy french laws mean it would be a big hassle for me to modify extensively.What I would love to get is the TRD aero but it's pretty expensive!

I'm planning on booking Spa and Hockenheim for a couple of trackdays in the coming months and I've gotthefeeling I will be hankering after more performance orientated modifications after that!

#26 ·
i'm still looking to change intake/exhaust(/pulleys), but that's as far as the performance is gonna go, apart from maybe a remap should it prove to be benificial. if i really wanted more power than i have, i'd have stuck with my 300bhp evo which i could easily have had remapped to at least 360bhp if not more without any other mods.

i might in time (and if someone comes out with one) go for a bodykit, but it has to have space for all legally mandated lights (i'm looking at you, foglights) and potentially a slightly more ostentatious wing (i'm coming from an evo, you think i care what people think about a spoiler?) and some minor interior trim pieces (i REALLY want that TRD start button)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.