GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Will these wheels fit...

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Marveh 
#1 ·
Hi,

So I'm looking at getting some different wheels and tyres for the winner, rather than putting them on the stock rims I have a few sets of various wheels lying about from my GT4

In particular I have a set of Konig Tantrum 17x7JJ rims that have seen better days but would be perfect for winter wheels.

Question is does anyone know if a 17x7JJ wheel would fit fine, I belive the stock wheels are 17x7J, does that extra 'J' make much difference?

Cheers

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
rob275 said:
my theory is the extra J is a typo as i have never head of JJ before, thus I will assume they will fit ok.
Your theory is flawed, I have seen the extra J with my own eyes

So looking on ye ol Google, the J or JJ refers to the profile of the bead seat...

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Not sure what the ET is, I can't see any markings on the wheel that look like an ET, will have a better look in the light later.

Completely forgot about the center bore too, there are so many measurements when it comes to wheels

You have the size e.g 17x1JJ
The offset e.g 0 ET
The stud pattern/PCD e.g 5x100
The center bore

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Hi Guys,

So I finally got round to a test fit this weekend, and whilst they would fit if I got a different size spigot ring for them the offset was waaaayyy out.

I think due clearing to the massive break callipers on the GT4 these stick out too far on the GT86, they cleared the calipers by a mile and left too little thread to put a nut on.

Oh well, best start looking for some cheap wheels!

Thanks for all your help

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Right! Been looking round at second hand wheels.

Would I be correct in thinking a set of standard Subaru wheels would fit? e.g 17x7J 5x100 PCD, 55et offset, and I presume the center bore is 56.1mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.