GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I build the Rocket Bunny kit in UK?
Is it legal on road? Do I have to apply permit?
What is the insures prices, it it affordable?
Please give some adjust and advise 86bros.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its legal to build, aslong as you have the fog light installed on the rear bumper for the MOT.
Price would be like 3k for the body kit? unless you get a cheap ebay replica, 1-2k in paint? or maybe wrap it. Keep it static or air ride? depending where you live widebody static cars can limit where you can go with speed bumps. +2k for air ride. Wheels to fit the wide archs like 1k+? good tyres for those wide tyres another 600?
Add cost to bodyshop to smooth it all fit it to the car. I would put the estimate at like 6-7k maybe but im sure if you can do the work yourself you can get this cost down.

Living with a widebody in the UK with small country lanes and narrow streets. maybe not the most practical thing depending on where you live. But each to their own, defiantly do able.

There is a widebody 86 on ebay for like 17k, probably save a good amount of money buy someone else's project

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its legal to build, aslong as you have the fog light installed on the rear bumper for the MOT.
Price would be like 3k for the body kit? unless you get a cheap ebay replica, 1-2k in paint? or maybe wrap it. Keep it static or air ride? depending where you live widebody static cars can limit where you can go with speed bumps. +2k for air ride. Wheels to fit the wide archs like 1k+? good tyres for those wide tyres another 600?
Add cost to bodyshop to smooth it all fit it to the car. I would put the estimate at like 6-7k maybe but im sure if you can do the work yourself you can get this cost down.

Living with a widebody in the UK with small country lanes and narrow streets. maybe not the most practical thing depending on where you live. But each to their own, defiantly do able.

There is a widebody 86 on ebay for like 17k, probably save a good amount of money buy someone else's project
That's help me a lot. I'm just being UK few months and I got a approved used 86. It would be my project car.
So, is there have any workshop for build up the widebody or usually build by ourselves ? I'm at the midden of England.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Then soon welcome to the club :D I'm not to sure on recommendations for workshops that would do the full build for you, maybe someone else here can point you to a trusty place. Most of the popular workshops are mainly for tuning rather than body styling

·
Registered
354 Posts
I installed mine myself, but bodyshop wise I know that BigBear Kustoms Big Bear Kustoms has a fair bit of experience installing a number of Widebody kits now.

Reactions: Har96_86

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
So, that means once I build up the parts I can go on the road. Right? ;D
3 version is good but I like the V1 more!~ with those original fog light. haha
That's actually V2 :) not V3
And yes it's fully legal for the road, as long as your car isn't dangerous in any way, no exposed sharp edges, wheels tucking under the arches, etc then you're perfectly fine.

• Love
Reactions: Har96_86
1 - 10 of 10 Posts