GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Is it Dan ?

I have a question too, - how come suddenly 4mb is the largest photo upload available ?

Seems to have changed since the weekend?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
hopefully it won't follow the forum life cycle

start from acorn
grow really fast and get really good
sell to internet media company
become sh*t

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was just going to ask if we could possibly migrate to a forum such as vBulletin or IPBoard as they have tapatalk functionality meaning its easier for me to browse the forum using an app on my phone/tablet then :)

They also have more functionality than this forum.

just a suggestion as the club seems to be growing! Hopefully he flies on by this thread and has a think :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ICantAffordAnLFA said:
hopefully it won't follow the forum life cycle

start from acorn
grow really fast and get really good
sell to internet media company
become sh*t
I agree LFA. I used to go on a Millwall site where the same thing happened.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it would happen, just need a great community base which can offer something to its members. I've always liked the idea of a yearly membership fee for premium members (many car clubs do this) But putting the money in to a pot to raise money towards a discounted track day and stuff :)

But hey, its not my club, just pondering on ideas as I am excited for both the car and the club!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
GT86Owner said:
4MB has been the limit since I can remember Senna.
But I have loaded bigger pics than that on Monday ?

G

·
4mb photos are a ridiculous waste of bandwidth and disk space.
Link to files of any size but to host files greater than 1mb is potentially ruinous.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I contacted Dan about file issues yesterday and no reply yet...anyway what is that age old saying....do not fix what is not broken
Dan started this site so it is his baby and I for one am happy with it as it is....just saying that is all

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Ok, it's back to Photobucket for me then!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Few questions here so I'll try and cover them all;

The forum is run by me, I'm always happy to help or answer questions so just drop me a PM if you need anything.

I did look at various different forum software versions. What does IP Board do that you would like to see here? I couldn't see many differences between them all TBH but can see if there is anything we can add.

The software is not compatible with tapatalk but is mobile friendly and should switch to a mobile view on iphones etc.

4mb has been the limit for photos for as long as I can remember but should be more than big enough. If you do a post with 5 photos on you'll be using 20mb just for that - it's a lot for slower broadband users and mobile users, roughly the same as four or five mp3 files. You can still resize them before uploading which will avoid that size limit. I could always look to review this later if its a big issue.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Thanks Dan ! Love the site.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dan said:

The forum is run by me, I'm always happy to help or answer questions so just drop me a PM if you need anything.

I did look at various different forum software versions. What does IP Board do that you would like to see here? I couldn't see many differences between them all TBH but can see if there is anything we can add.

The software is not compatible with tapatalk but is mobile friendly and should switch to a mobile view on iphones etc.

4mb has been the limit for photos for as long as I can remember but should be more than big enough. If you do a post with 5 photos on you'll be using 20mb just for that - it's a lot for slower broadband users and mobile users, roughly the same as four or five mp3 files. You can still resize them before uploading which will avoid that size limit. I could always look to review this later if its a big issue.

Thanks
Dan

The iphone compatibility is a bit touch and go (atleast for me) Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't however. Also when it does it tends to show random strings of xhtml of some sort in the posts/private messages. Kind of irritating!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
rob275 said:
Dan said:

Thanks
Dan

The iphone compatibility is a bit touch and go (atleast for me) Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't however. Also when it does it tends to show random strings of xhtml of some sort in the posts/private messages. Kind of irritating!
That is down to your connection speed and not the site...

If you have a large image the save it for web and devices in photoshop and reduce the image quality as you do not need high res images for web work ...only print items need high res....also makes uploading way faster for you and anyone viewing image

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Works fine on my iPhone.

Occasional 'not authorised to post' warnings but thought that was maybe down to me driving a brz.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.