GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos below of a white GT86 with side decals.
I think the side decals only (not top as well) go well on the white paintwork, as they seem to show off the lines of the car.

I've seen this car in dull/wet weather and nowalso in glorious sunshine. I have to say on the body panel curves where the sun wasreflecting directly, the pearlescent white looks great. However I thought the rest of the car's body looked dull. And being pearlescent not a bold solid brilliant white, it looked almost dirty.

I think the car is okay (and okay only) in pearlescent white. Definitely not a choice I'd make, but that's personal preference.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Whycouldn'tyou post this 2 weeks ago :) I'm hoping it'll look good to me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks the pearl white doesn't seem to "glimmer"properly and comes across as dirty all the time!!

Plus it is an expensive option as well... Good luck R32 GTR!! What made you pick pearl white in the first place??

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well my original choice was Orange but i thought everyone would be going for that as it was the main marketing colour. Then i jumped to Dark Grey as it is the same colour as my R32 GTR, but after seeing Pearl White in the flesh on the prius and having never owned a white car i decided on that option.

I dont intend on keeping the original alloys for long so i think with my vision it'll look right. Also all black trim will eventually get Carbon Wrapped and again the offset of white against htis would look better than any other colour.

·
Registered
887 Posts
sounds like you have a plan already! Looking forward to progress pictures!!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
If it is the same white they paint the prius and and yaris that I've seen then I like the colour. Think it suites the dark wheels quite well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My local showroom has a white demo car with huge black stripes over the bonnet and roof and it looks awful.

In their showroom they have a blue GT86 with silver side stripes and the silver side stripes do not add anything positive.

Having said that the black side stripes on the white GT86 above look great!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My previous car was white with side decals so couldn't do it again - although i have ordered a white GT86!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks speedymurr.
Appreciate the photos. Its the first time I've seen the white version with side decal only.
This is exactly the version I've ordered, plus the red leather/alcantara seats.
I feel confident now that I've made the correct decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts