GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening one and all.

I'm extremely interested in buying a GT86 Auto but am getting increasingly frustrated at Toyota's drip feed of information about the car. Of late I've discovered that the Auto will cost £26495 and I will have to find a further £1600 for leather heated seats and £750 for Sat Nav and if I want I can order one now but can't see it. But call me fussy I want to see before placing an order.

Does anyone know where I can see a GT86 NOW, I know there are some in the country as one was at a press day at Goodwood being driven by Frank Wrathall from the BTCC over the last two weeks.

I've recently test driven a TT S Line, Peugeot RCZ (girls car) and Merc C250 coupe but can't get the idea of a red, grey or silver GT86 out of mind having found the German offerings fast but dull and in the TT case oh so common.

Any help greatly appreciated. I have contacted my local dealers but they know less than me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome!

If i knew where one was I would so be there already. Other than finding out about some UK release party, which I haven't heard a thing of yet.

I have a few pals who do freelance car photography, so have mentioned to them if they by chance they happen upon one to let me know

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello and welcome, you lucky owner-to-be.

I hope you won't think it cheeky if I ask which colour and trim you have opted for?

And congrats. again on being the first declared 'order placed' on
the forum.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spoken to Toyota UK's marketing department today. They have no news of when the first UK spec cars will arrive in the UK. The GT86 seen at Goodwood press day was a european car brought in especially for that day.
They said that they are keen to see the car as they are receiving so many enquiries at present. The only definite information she could give me was that the GT86 will be at the Goodwood festival of Speed in late June but that is just a week or so before lanch date.

Still not going to order one until i see it in the flesh, can't pass with a deposit on a hunch.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Maybe we could all pile round GT86Owners house when he picks up his?

I still don't understand why they don't do a tour of dealerships with one or something like that. Audi normally do that with a new launch car and from what I've read it seems to work out quite well. Each dealer gets the car for a couple of days before it heads off to the next one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dan said:
Maybe we could all pile round GT86Owners house when he picks up his? 

Love it - he could make the first month's finance payment from ticket sales.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to my local Toyota dealer on Wednesday, they're willing to take a £1000 "refundable" deposit on the car as they're that confident I'd want the car when it arrives having not seen it at point of order.

However, Just seen the official performance stats which as far as the Automatic version (i'm after) are a tad disappointing.GT86 0-60mph 8.2secs, compared to0-60mph for Audi TT (211bhp)Auto 6.1 secs, Yes I know its a sh~t belly button posers car but that's over 2 secs slower against one of it's main rivals which weighs MORE than the GT86.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered one 3 weeks ago and the salesman told me the dealership was expecting their demonstrator in May.Thefee for cancellation is 10% of the depositbut I don'tsee that there will be too much of a problem as the only credible rival the GT 86 has is the BRZand my nearest Subaru dealer is many miles away. The tension is building now and I'm wishing my life away waiting for July!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
en8wall said:
<DIV =msg>
Spoke to my local Toyota dealer on Wednesday, they're willing to take a £1000 "refundable" deposit on the car as they're that confident I'd want the car when it arrives having not seen it at point of order.

However, Just seen the official performance stats which as far as the Automatic version (i'm after) are a tad disappointing.GT86 0-60mph 8.2secs, compared to0-60mph for Audi TT (211bhp)Auto 6.1 secs, Yes I know its a sh~t belly button posers car but that's over 2 secs slower against one of it's main rivals which weighs MORE than the GT86.

I posted a reply to this on the official performance/specs forum. However I will just add, that it isdown to gearing, the fact that those cars produce peak torque due to the turbo setup, which helps alot with an auto and have bigger tyres than 215s. Toyota Europe specs 0-100KM in 6.9 secs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the site but have not introduced myself yet. Will do shortly.

Back on topic. Toyota Tunbridge Wells have there 1st GT86 delivered now. I assume it is a customers car and will not be around for very long though!!

Also one followed me to work this morning in silver with the same grey stripes as the pic below. Looked ace with the LED front lights.

So wish I had one... Keep dreaming

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe that this is their demo that I'll be driving at the weekend.
They should also have a black one in the showroom.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Hi all
Toyota Beadles in Maidstone Kent have 2 demo cars and I have seen them
Also I have confirmed delivery date for mine of 7-14 aug

·
Registered
4 Posts
They did have a black one turn up, I believe it never made it off the transporter though and got taken elsewhere. Not the best pic but here it is... Looks good in black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts