GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you all get your missing 10mm & 8mm clips sorted ?

I have lots of spares now...

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick Graves said:
Grommets.
T'other is a plasticine dog.

Always amuses me...

That bloody program, - I have never been able to spell it right since!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PumaUK7 said:
Senna - Don't suppose you have the ebay links for them again? 8mm for arches, 10mm for bumper yes?

How many do you need ? should be 4 x 8mm and 2 x 10mm ?

I am sure we can arrange something (I have bought too many!)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Anyone notice that there are also holes along the underside of the front bumper too? About 5 of them I think....do these need plugging too?

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keethos said:
Anyone notice that there are also holes along the underside of the front bumper too?  About 5 of them I think....do these need plugging too?
OMG ! No!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tank commander said:
my god ebay will be sold out of plugs soon,no wonder the car is so light,half its missing.
LOL]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The plugs I ordered off ebay didn't look right when fitted. They made the holes in the wheel arch more obvious as your eye was drawn to the grommets. I've left mine alone.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm tempted with the recent downpours to order the mudflaps from CTP (£62.98 + discount) and fit them myself

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
en8wall said:
keelerad said:
I'm tempted with the recent downpours to order the mudflaps from CTP (£62.98 + discount) and fit them myself

Alec

Don't do it!!  We''ll all be fitting tow bars and towing caravans next.
Yeah, they really mess up the lines on the arches. Ugly.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Senna said:
en8wall said:
keelerad said:

Alec

Don't do it!!  We''ll all be fitting tow bars and towing caravans next.
Yeah, they really mess up the lines on the arches. Ugly.
Senna
Not very often but you are wrong...I have them and they look great and you only notice them if you look for them...kept my car clean in this crap weather too

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
There must be a reason why there's so many missing grommets, this is silly

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keethos said:
There must be a reason why there's so many missing grommets, this is silly

Yes, the reason is saving a few quid on grommets!

Anyway, you are quite right mate, there are 5 large holes about 12mm Dia, do not seem to be for drainage, so as I have no grommets that big, I have covered them with a clear Self - adhesive film.

I have some before pictures: Front of car to right:

The hole:(You can see I didn't quite fininsh the detailing off properly... out of sight, out of mind!)...

Also on drivers side there is this small removable plastic grille panel, which is quite a loose fit, and rattles quite a bit - as you can see I have secured it with sticky velcro as a strong adhesive is needed:

This car is like Work-in-Progress!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
that panel does have to come off for maintenance i believe.and i suppose the holes in the front bumper are there to accommodate for the front spoiler lip of the aero-pack.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ob1kxb said:
that panel does have to come off for maintenance i believe.and i suppose the holes in the front bumper are there to accommodate for the front spoiler lip of the aero-pack. 
That would explain it.

I have left the grille so it can still be removed for maintenance but it rattles a lot, so needs securing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.