GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst waiting for the GT86, might be interesting to see what other cars we have? We are a family of 8 so this 7 seater 60 plate Qashqai isn't quite roomy enough.

One possible solution?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
My Wife's barge is a Ford Galaxy 2.0 Diesel Auto, but it is the Ghia with all the toys (DVD, satnav, glass roof, etc) useful for when we went to Cornwall last week. I did have to leave the '86 at home but did take the X-Box and Force feedback wheel to get my fix.

The apartment we rented didn't have internet (did have a beach though, view from garden wall below)

so I was reduced to browsing the forum using my Blackberry when I could get reception.

I also have a Honda CB250RS in the garage that needs its Carb stripping down and cleaning

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
91 Posts
MKIII MR2 Roadster - from new and keeping it too! Never missed a beat that little car love it to bits, if hubby can have car and motorbike I can have car - and car

·
Registered
74 Posts
The other half currently has a rather archaic Skoda fabia but after the appearance of some strategically placed brochures she's now considering an update. Shes narrowed down her selection massiveky so it'll likely be another city trolley like a fiat 500, possibly a toy 4x4 Jimmy or for some unknown reason a Chrysler ypsilon.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
New Skoda Superb Estate.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
rexhead said:
Mazda Rx8 231 Winning Blue trying very to keep as track car
had any issues with the engine? had one once too, was okay until i lent it to a "buddy"...

i currently drive a Lancer Evo X MR with gearbox issues. i hope mitsubishi will allow gearbox computer swap under warranty even though it's already expired so fingers crossed...
love the car, but it's time for a change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi ob1kxb,

Had over 5 years now, had to have engine rebuild last year only 45000 miles very high maintenance! but its gona be hard to let her go. prices around now are so low def a lot of car for the money if you can afford the runing costs

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
rexhead said:
Hi ob1kxb,

Had over 5 years now, had to have engine rebuild last year only 45000 miles very high maintenance! but its gona be hard to let her go. prices around now are so low def a lot of car for the money if you can afford the runing costs
dont i know it... it was either the GT86 or another RX8. but knowing the possible issues with the RX8 and not knowing how the car's been treated it didnt actually make it a tough choice at all

·
Registered
469 Posts
ob1kxb said:
it was either the GT86 or another RX8.
Haven't Mazda stopped producing the RX8..? I was thinking this might be a good choice of car (before I was tempted by a brand new GT86) and couldn't find any details in Mazda's current range so assumed they'd stopped making them.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i think they only stopped last year. i believe they made a last series exclusively for japan as a farewell to rotary engines. too thirsty and not eco-friendly enough. which is the reason they stopped shipping them here. they didn't conform to the latest emission standards anymore.maybe i should have clarified. it was either a SECONDHAND rx-8 or a GT86. but because they're all used, you never really know how they have been driven so they might be next to expired when you get them

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Is it really fair well? I read recently that they were still working on the rotary engine and will be releasing it as a hybrid at some point but will continue with a full fledge rotary engine in the future after further development.....always liked the RX8....would have liked one but like people have said...major running costs.....the one thing that I found odd about the car was the last one I sat in (a more recent model) my body felt like I was sitting straight forward but my legs were pointing off to the right slightly

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
lol...I'll add that this was while in a dealership and not while wrapped around a tree

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
maybe i was misinformed on that one then. i have seen pictures of one running on hydrogen so maybe IF that's the future, the rotary will come back.you have to remember, the rx-8 was launched in 2003. so it had to end at some point in time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.