GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to keelerad - my car now has a name.. Pepe (as in Le Pew!)

Picture shows why... I have just ordered a vinyl sticker for the boot where the Toyota sticker used to be :)

Got the text 'PT86 - gt86ownersclub.co.uk' in curved text around the bottom of the oval and a piccy of Pepe Le Pew in the sticker.

Is this sad??

Anyone else given their baby a name?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes, it's sad. You should have gone for Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works logo.It's not too late to change it. The Skunk Works were responsible for aircraft design (and manufacture) of many greats including the P-80 Shooting Star, F-104 Starfighter, U-2, SR-71, F-117 Nighthawk, F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning II, RQ-170, et al. Your car is like an SR-71 Blackbird.
Edited by: Habu

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like the Pepe le Pew name/reference... :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to get the xXx logo for the back then!! I kind of like the idea of us getting a logo to match the name with our forum ID for the car!

Habu - do like the Skunkworks connotation, but their logo is clearly a rip off of Pepe Le Pew!! Stop trying to be so macho Iceman!

Lol, so... do you have a name for yours??!! Or too sad? I've always thought my cars and bikes have something of a 'personality', only ever named the ones I really loved though. The GT86 and I is a romance of a speed not since Michelle Smith when I was 14... , Wifes already feeling a little spurned!! Ha ha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, everyone at work has taken to calling my new black GT..... K.I.T.T as in Knight Rider. I expect to shortly come out one evening to find a stripe of red insulation tape across the front of the bonnet...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mines not even arrived yet but it has a name..... The White Night !
Should arrive at the dealers next Wednesday. JBL sound fitting and should be able to collect a day or so later.
Buzzing now :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exciting times for you! I don't know how so many ppl waited months for the car. I've been reading about it in Autocar for two years, but I only waited 7 days from test drive to receipt. I ordered it on the day the iPhone 5 came out and got it on Thursday just gone.

Like everything I hold off for ages and then at the last minute decide I MUST have it... very impatient and was climbing the walls for the 7 days!! Frustrated I couldn't get it sooner LOL!

I pretty sure we have a 'White Knight' on here somewhere I recall.. Would love to hear that JBL system to hear what it sounds like...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I suppose you're gonna tell me you went for cloth seats too keethos :)
Have to say I hadn't noticed the name in your original post. Guess that means I'm looking for a new tag :/
*thinking hard now*

???

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Neilchapman10 said:
I suppose you're gonna tell me you went for cloth seats too keethos :)
Have to say I hadn't noticed the name in your original post. Guess that means I'm looking for a new tag :/
*thinking hard now*

???

Wow, so cloth as well too
and this is no joke but I work with a StewartChapman....any relation? This is weird!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
pt86 said:
Thanks to keelerad - my car now has a name.. Pepe (as in Le Pew!)

Picture shows why... I have just ordered a vinyl sticker for the boot where the Toyota sticker used to be  :)

Got the text 'PT86 - gt86ownersclub.co.uk' in curved text around the bottom of the oval and a piccy of Pepe Le Pew in the sticker.

Is this sad??  

Anyone else given their baby a name?

Have you got your new sticker yet? Got a photo?

Alec

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blasted thing till hasn't turned up. I used the same company before as they have a nice bit of online software to design graphics, remember that coming weeks late too.. And they say 5 working days from order to delivery....

More concerned with getting my Takeda Momentum intake though! I'm like an inmate checking for his monthly copy of readers wives in the post box every day

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.