GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try and do 300+ miles tomorrow. If the CEL thing happens what is the prescribed course of action - immediately stop and ring recovery or can I just keep driving gently? It probably won't happen but I wouldn't mind knowing what to do if anything to safeguard the car.

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is exactly what I did. The local (Belgian) Toyota dealer then sorted me out. But chances are it ain't going to happen.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Check Engine Light that may appear when your engine starts to struggle when idle (dipping below 500 rpm I believe)Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
CEL can come on for many different reasons. Don't let paranoia spoil your enjoyment of the car!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
a18ttc said:
CEL Paranoia 3D, coming to a GT86 near you.
Yikes!

Don't keep saying that !
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
a18ttc said:
CEL Paranoia 3D, coming to a GT86 near you.

Sponsored by Vodaphone....and Yoda

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn't frightened, just wanted to know what precautions to take. All is fine anyway, finished running my car in.

For prius tyres they sure do have a lot of cornering grip and it seems quicker than 7.7 to sixty.

Edited by: GT86

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok you've finished running the engine in now so what you've gotta do now is drive it & that means rev the thing up,

Let's not forget guys that the engine in the GT is built to operate at high revs so take your car out tomorrow GT86 & get that rev limiter light flashing on as much as possible fella.

·
Registered
39 Posts
P.S. I drove a manual GT yesterday with approx 4500 miles on the clock & I drove the tits off it & it absoluely lapped it up,it was like a boxing match,the more i gave it the more it just laughed at me,it practically egged me on to thrash it some more!!! ive read on this forum from a few people that the gearbox is notchy,YOUR RUNNING THE GEARBOX IN,WHAT DO U EXPECT??

The gearbox on this thing was like silk.....it's was lovely,perfect infact,one of the best gearboxes I've had the pleasure in using so don't worry about early notchy boxes & it'll transform as the miles go on!!!

Rant over.

Edited by: GT Lover

·
Registered
79 Posts
GT Lover said:
P.S. I drove a manual GT yesterday with approx 4500 miles on the clock & I drove the tits off it & it absoluely lapped it up,it was like a boxing match,the more i gave it the more it just laughed at me,it practically egged me on to thrash it some more!!! ive read on this forum from a few people that the gearbox is notchy,YOUR RUNNING THE GEARBOX IN,WHAT DO U EXPECT??

The gearbox on this thing was like silk.....it's was lovely,perfect infact,one of the best gearboxes I've had the pleasure in using so don't worry about early notchy boxes & it'll transform as the miles go on!!!

Rant over.

Thanks for the info GT Lover, I was thinking mine was getting a bit notchy but you have quelled my anxiety. 580 miles to goooooooo whoooooo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.