GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Which one of the following best decribes your attitude to your '86

• I Don't name it, don't wash it, its for driving!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its a statement and I love (insert cars name here)

• I am going to have the most beautifuly pampered 86 ever

• I'm going to mod it to be faster than a Veyron

• I'm going to mod it into a disco

• I'm going caravanning with it !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now everyone had a reason for buying an '86, for me it was that it's a relatively cheap(cf Lotus Porsche) RWD good handling sports car, that's fun to drive, with a decent warranty and that can also server as daily transport.

But having bought it whats your attitude towards it.

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe to help clarify which one you are, did you in the first 24 hours

a) Drive it 430 miles
b) Think up a name
c) Wash it, clay it seal it and polish it
d) Start measuring wheel clearances, ride heights
e) start replacing speakers, work out how to remove dash trim
f) fit a tow bar

Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike_89 said:
That was a hard choice between the two, I plan on pampering Darcy as well as modding for powah!!
That's 3, you're a Namer, a Washer and a Modder !

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But no towbar yet?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm going to pretend that I will wash and polish every weekend. But also know that it's not really going to happen! Priority will be to get 1000 miles out of the way ASAP.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that if I wasn't married with kids then I'd probably be a "Modder" as well (I am interesetd in a Grimmspeed '86 Oil Filler cap), but to do that properly you end up needing 2 cars, because as far as I can make out the one being modded is nearly always off the road

Just took another step down the "Modder" path and ordered 20 of those plastic plugs for the rear wheel arches, I only need 4 for mine, so the first 4 other '86 owners I meet first can get theirs free!Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now was that LFA who voted for the Veyron beater ?

·
Registered
977 Posts
What's "washing"? The dealer does that once a month and they're at the end of a cracking B road! I've done N Wales, Isle of Man and the Scottish Highlands as treats to myself. Can't beat the TT course, though - speed limit free!!!
I'll claim to be (a)...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well, we don't actually name cars (other than its predecessor was often referred to as Squeaky EKy and it would be remiss not to refer to this one as UZUmaki) and it'll probably get gaybarred & sanded once a year and otherwise driven as if stolen.

Using winter tyres as an excuse to obtain some lovely Japanese alloys.

So all, or none, of the above.

·
Registered
566 Posts
After The Elbonians have swirled it and you need it to look pretty for a show I find colour wax covers a multitude of sins
. Lol. You think I should be on the detailing forum?Edited by: malcolmgt86

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well I had to tick the caravanning option. Went to see some friends near Chappel in Essex today who are caravanning in a field (close to the beer festival). I did no towing and I only stayed the afternoon and evening so didn't actually sleep in a caravan. Food was good though and only drank Coke.

I did get stuck in a traffic jam on the A12 for 1.5 hours though, due to some numpty deciding to stack his vehicle just where the 3 lanes goes down to 2 lanes at the Hatfield Peveral turn-off. Heads were still turning even though we were going nowhere.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
as we have more members now thought I'd pop this one up again

Alec

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really wanted to select few answer, but "statement car" it has to be
it will go camping (nearly caravanning) and it will be the most pampered car I've ever owned.... and it has a (tentative)name even before being picked up.
Oh dear I'm not sure what a psychologist would make of that collection of thoughts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Asking me this question is like asking if Mrs Thatcher was right wing...

I don't do U turns... ( maybe J - turns!)

The majority have spoken. Stop letting the 'Boss-wash gang' make it's bodywork look like an old LP and get out your clay and wax!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.