GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good deal at Tyreworks, - they gave me £70 a tyre P/X and also commented on how amazingly light the alloys seemed!

I had literally done 30 miles on them, from dealer to home, then tyre centre.

The ride is less choppy and much quieter / smoother now !

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
thanks for keeping us informed, I've always used contact sport 3's (though they've stopped making them now) on my current car and they've always been amazing for me, and the fact that they're cheaper than the stock Primacy's....definitelythe way to go for me! I take it only some garages p/x tyres? I know some garages won't even fit partially worn tyres, only new.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was quite surprised, but I showed him the collection docs from Toyota, and the mileage was 33 miles, so he had no hesitation.
They are very fair though, - he will tell a buyer they are de- mounted tyres from a new vehicle.
Tyre Mgr says they gets lots of young lads with Vauxhall Corsa's with Halfords 17" wheels who normally only buy the cheapest tyres, (no wonder they seem to end up in a ditch!) so he might be able to sell to a buyer like that.

I had been driving like a nun (very boring) to keep the pips fresh on them...

I was really pleased with the service, -they were super-careful with my wheels, etc and even promised to credit me a bit more money if he sells them for over £100!

Now I can 'drive it like I stole it' whatever the weather !
Edited by: Senna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.