GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. My current car is an Auris SR manual (see pic). This is going in part exchange for the GT 86. It's not very sporty but the 1600cc engine is better then the usual 1300cc offering. It has now been superseeded by a new Auris (see Toyota UK web site). The colour for those of you wondering, is Decuma Grey. It's a mica paint and looks great in the sun and grey when cloudy.
I do like this car, but it doesn't hold a candle up to the GT 86. Once I had test driven the GT, that was it, mind made up and decision taken.

What have you or are you throwing out to make room for your GT 86?

Edited by: Musketeer

·
Registered
123 Posts

This is up for sale... 135hp/ton but FWD. I've had it since 98, but with all the travelling I do for work, I need something a bit more modern and practical (with a warranty) for the wife to pootle to work in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm trading in my Citroen DS3 THP 150 which had barely any miles on it at almost two years old. Been a tad too convenient for work having ample rear space and all, I'll be glad if the rear seats in the GT86 are as impractical as I believe them to be.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ratzart said:
habu is that car in your garage or living room? its very tidy?

I wish. My garage is full of junk. I don't think the Lexus would fit in even if the garage was empty. No, the photo was taken at the dealer during the formal introduction to the car and relevant personnel. Gawd, I love Lexus care and customer satisfaction. I'll miss that with Toyota.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
I'm sort of torn and I may be able to keep my beloved AE86 but I've made the decision I will need to sell it to clear the balloon payment of the finance. This has been a bit of a labour of love over the last 18 months and cost me an arm and nearly a leg!

Seen here at the GT86 launch in Manchester guarded by a man from Toyota Japan.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
This will be making way for my GT86

I've had it about 18months and is a lovely car with all the bells and whistles on, but is a bit boring (it's an auto as well).

·
Registered
566 Posts
6 year old Mercedes C320 CDi. The least boring diesel I've ever owned. 3L 220bhp. Toyota will have similar straight line performance but be so much better on the twisty stuff

Edited by: malcolmgt86

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I am moving on from this Brabus (Smart) Roadster...

...Or am I ?

I was rather cunning and dastardly... - I have sold it to the wife !

Beat that!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm trying to sell my much loved (and at times hated) classic Mini...I already have my GT86 but I really need to shift the Mini so I can get the 86 in the garage....
I'll maybe post a photo later...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sideways? said:
I'm trying to sell my much loved (and at times hated) classic Mini...I already have my GT86 but I really need to shift the Mini so I can get the 86 in the garage....
I'll maybe post a photo later...
I like the classic Mini. My dad has a sky blue Mini Countryman back in the late '60s early '70s. We used to go to France in it. Took two days to get to our destination...no motorways in France then. At least, not where we went (Rochefort area).

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.