GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
8221 - 8222 of 8222 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I installed my new harness this evening. I've had it for a month but only just found the time.
I'm very happy over all and looking forward to getting back on track to test it out 👍

It's a Schroth Rallye 3 ASM which I know is quite popular with other owners. I had ordered a set of two a long time ago but ended up cancelling. I wish I hadn't as the price has jumped from just under £100, to just under £200 in that time. Luckily I managed to get a good deal so it all worked out ok.

There's a decent thread on another forum which has a few handy photos but I chose a slightly different setup. The bolt the other owner used is the "upper bolt" that holds the rear seatbelt reel/cassette in place. The manual calls this "Bolt B". Forgive the image, it's for the opposite side of the car to where I installed my harness.
Gesture Rectangle Font Art Auto part

I opted to use "Bolt A" instead. I did need to trim the plastic cover down a little but despite Schroth themselves saying you can bend the mounting tab a little... as I didn't need too, it seemed like the better option to me.
Product Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Bag

As always, use your own judgement and if in doubt seek professional help.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yesterday I had an exhaust job done at my local Toyota dealer, and was presented with the opportunity to enjoy a photoshoot with the MD's restored MR2. Very enjoyable, and I had my photo taken with the Master Diagnostic Technician who does all the work on my car, including the valve spring recall a couple of years back. What fun!

Reactions: Shad and _Mac_
8221 - 8222 of 8222 Posts