GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
8201 - 8220 of 8222 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
This is the time where we should ask : What's it like?
Really pleasant to drive. Quiet, decent on fuel, comfortable and actually fairly entertaining on a decent road. Obviously it doesn't change direction like an 86 but it still goes down the road well.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I liked PS4 (with exception that they were too easy to overheat on track). But i'm rather thinking as next tires GY asy6 then PS5, because of:
Would have been much happier to be able to fit GY F1 SS/CS6/PS4S .. but none of them are available for 17". Only from 18" (probably, "GR Yaris" size).
Currently have Bridgestone Potenza Sports, but liking them less then PS4 i had before them.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
First photo shoot on the way home with our brand new GT at Beachy Head 24 April 2013

Latest photo shoot at Beachy Head 24 April 2022

Not misty today, nine years on.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Car still sitting unused (hope to be out in it next month subject to a fresh MOT) so checked the battery voltage with my cheapo Amazon accessory socket Voltmeter.

It's showing a fairly healthy 12.2 Volts due to fitting a new 75AH Yuasa YBX5069 (£92 direct from Tayna's website) slightly down from 12.4V when I fitted it 6 days ago.

The previous 6 year old YBX3014 was still essentially "ok" (just before removal it had started the car easily with a reading of 11.7V after a full off car charge 9 days previously IIRC) and I probably would have stuck with it for longer if car was still my daily driver.

However car hasn't been used since November and moving it every 3 or 4 weeks to stop the (overinflated) tyres flatspotting became a tedious ritual of opening the car manually / setting off the alarm / removing the battery to charge it / temporarily fitting a supplementary (motorcycle) battery to silence the alarm......:mad::mad::mad:

Admittedly it seems that some of the time this was also due to an ageing fob battery 🙂 (CR1632 now also replaced) but with BOTH batteries replaced things are looking alot better generally for a car that will now only see occasional use.

On the slight downside the bigger beefier (15 AH extra capacity) 5069 weighs an extra 3.2Kg.

A point to note if you're interested in a YBX5069, it's officially 272mm long (12mm longer than the battery tray) but the "footprint" is only around 255mm.......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Car still sitting unused (hope to be out in it next month subject to a fresh MOT) so checked the battery voltage with my cheapo Amazon accessory socket Voltmeter.

It's showing a fairly healthy 12.2 Volts due to fitting a new 75AH Yuasa YBX5069 (£92 direct from Tayna's website) slightly down from 12.4V when I fitted it 6 days ago.

The previous 6 year old YBX3014 was still essentially "ok" (just before removal it had started the car easily with a reading of 11.7V after a full off car charge 9 days previously IIRC) and I probably would have stuck with it for longer if car was still my daily driver.

However car hasn't been used since November and moving it every 3 or 4 weeks to stop the (overinflated) tyres flatspotting became a tedious ritual of opening the car manually / setting off the alarm / removing the battery to charge it / temporarily fitting a supplementary (motorcycle) battery to silence the alarm......:mad::mad::mad:

Admittedly it seems that some of the time this was also due to an ageing fob battery 🙂 (CR1632 now also replaced) but with BOTH batteries replaced things are looking alot better generally for a car that will now only see occasional use.

On the slight downside the bigger beefier (15 AH extra capacity) 5069 weighs an extra 3.2Kg.

A point to note if you're interested in a YBX5069, it's officially 272mm long (12mm longer than the battery tray) but the "footprint" is only around 255mm.......
does this 75AH Yuasa YBX5069 fit Properly in gt86 or are the the terminals the wrong way round ? any problems fitting?

·
Registered
306 Posts
does this 75AH Yuasa YBX5069 fit Properly in gt86 or are the the terminals the wrong way round ? any problems fitting?
Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hopefully that answers your questions, but just in case, answers are Yes / No and No 🙂

If you do a search you will find I'm not the first to fit this battery. 3014/3031 will be decent alternatives I went for 5069 as very good AH rating and 5000 series are supposedly longer lasting.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Last 5 months erm, pretty much just fitted a new battery. Busy day today though.....

1) 7am spin up the road to warm the oil and clean surface rust off the discs.

2) Oil / filter change followed by a quick wash

3) last minute check of advisory on last MOT (slight binding N/S front brake) - yup definitely still is 😟

4) Set off for 10am MOT convinced above Advisory from 18 months ago will now be a Fail 😡

5) Collect Pass certificate 🤩

6) £50 MOT + £290 Tax + £76 Vpower

7) Wash it again properly and fit Genuine floormat set I got from Emmett (EB2429)

8) Unexpectedly leave my work commuter Aygo behind and set off for weekend break in 86 😃😃😃

9) Negotiating roundabout - Wife asks me why tyres are squealing.......

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sports equipment

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Cloud

8201 - 8220 of 8222 Posts