GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
8141 - 8160 of 8167 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum bankz5152.

Hopefully will have the car for many forthcoming winters yet. To help with that, plan is to get the car professionally 'rustproofed' before the next one.

Also I generally like to try sort MOT issues myself (on the drive outside my house) so I'm sick of owning cars with November to Feb MOT due dates !!!

Driving the Aygo will I'm fairly confident remain a novelty through this winter (I actually think it's pretty good to drive - largely thanks to weighing about 400kg less than the 86).

Novelty will most likely have largely worn off by next winter, so plan will be to have both cars fully road legal for that one 👍
Cheers dude. Glad to have found it, much prefer a forum over FB.

Just got a pic back of my gauge surround. Recovered in alcantara, red stitch. Very happy!

Black Sleeve Automotive design Yellow Wood

·
Registered
27 Posts
Changed the gearbox and diff oil for Motul 300 as it has never been done before, on 78k. Was surprised at how clean the old oil was!

Also fitted some smoked side markers, gives a much cleaner look I think.

Focual ISTOY165 fitted as well, super easy and the sound quality is leaps and bounds above stock!

Finally swapped the 2nd cat pipe for a JDL sports cat so I can return the old cat pipe.

Nice easy car to work on :D

Some pics of my alcantara gauge cover
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive lighting

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not so much what I did today, but what I’m now able to do after waiting 6 months for it to arrive!
Hopeful l for an early new year to install.
Nice, Catback? I was really hoping the delays had started to stop now, 6 months wait sucks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Added a little bit of interior bling with a heated seat switch surround. Bit of an impulse buy, but makes the centre console look a little nicer and less plasticy.

View attachment 7230

Available from here. Think the guy sells them on one of the GT86 Facebook groups too: Toyota Gt86 TRD | Etsy UK
I have the exact same one and agree it does improve the look, though I do wish the silver was the same shade as the gearstick surround, steering wheel trim etc!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have the exact same one and agree it does improve the look, though I do wish the silver was the same shade as the gearstick surround, steering wheel trim etc!
True I just tell myself it's like a special edition plaque or something :D

Picked up the car from Abbey this morning, service and MOT completed, first one since the recall so I am starting to relax a little. No issues except a nail in one of my tyres. Luckily it was repairable, which is good because the car had a brand new set fitted only a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Started it up (first time in 4 weeks), let it run for 15 minutes then reversed it about a foot backwards - hopefully will help keep the tyres the right shape.

Relieved to achieve a first time start despite nearly a month of keyless entry system + Alarm battery drain especially as the Yuasa battery is about 6 years old IIRC.

Battery voltage was showing as 11.2V on my cheapo accessory socket voltmeter prior to start, up at 12.7 after 15 mins.

TBF, there's no way battery would have had enough juice normally - just before running the engine last month the Yuasa got roughly a full day on my battery charger......

Reactions: BRZ

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
After a mucky 100 mile trip on Sunday, I could no longer leave the car in such a mess! So what started today as a wash developed into a quick detail and wheel wax.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine went in for a service and two new tyres yesterday.
Apparently the tyre repair goo in the boot has expired. I should have asked them to show me it, as I've never had the tyre repair kit in mine..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Actually. It has one. Shows how much notice I take. In my defence, I am in my 40's.
I wonder if it was ever actually in the black bag, as I've used the compressor before and can't say I noticed the little bottle of sealant. Unless I took it out and left it sloshing around amongst the assorted bags for life and microfibre cloths that live under the boot floor.

8141 - 8160 of 8167 Posts