GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

7801 - 7820 of 7833 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Drove it (3 days ago).

500 miles since November makes any trip out more of an event these days, but best bit about THAT drive was I'd just got used to a Passat diesel estate with starship miles and original front shocks 😀.

Passat is super handy for the odd tip run, but needed to be somewhere else on Thursday evening, so back in the 86 and.........

MIND BLOWN within half a mile 😍😍

Reactions: Kaviar

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finished charging the battery. Spent most of this month driving the Passat as oddly enough it's much better for loading up with garden debris (bags of rubble, old 7x5 shed...). Stick my handy £2 voltmeter in the 86 cigar lighter socket on Monday and it's at 9V :(

Was worried the nearly 5 year old Yuasa YBX3014 might be done for, but my new battery charger (Maypole MP7220) has recovered it back to fully charged status - awesome !

Reactions: Kaviar

·
Registered
78 Posts
and before anyone asks I don't work for Maypole, just really pleased to have a bit of kit that actually manages to recover deep discharged batteries - quite handy if you're an 86 owner.....Some so called intelligent modern chargers appear pretty useless once a battery is below 10v

·
Registered
78 Posts
Presume your alarm was on? Still not absolutely verified, but that seems to be the culprit.
Is it possible to have the alarm off if the car is locked ?

Pretty academic anyway, car lives on my drive so probably need alarm on for insurance and general peace of mind.

Don't think I've done a single journey over 7 miles in it since January. May 2021 'Car Mechanics' reckons you can need to travel 10 miles in winter before you start to replenish the battery charge used at start up - had thought it would be a bit less, though obviously lots of variable factors at play there.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Is it possible to have the alarm off if the car is locked ?
Lock it with the manual key rather than remote/smart. Vital if you use e.g. a ferry, unless, of course, you'd like an announcement "would the owner of GT86 number...., please return to their car", whereupon you calmly swagger towards the stairs...

·
Administrator
5,771 Posts
Lock it with the manual key rather than remote/smart. Vital if you use e.g. a ferry, unless, of course, you'd like an announcement "would the owner of GT86 number...., please return to their car", whereupon you calmly swagger towards the stairs...
Or you just use the keypad to disable the sensors on a ferry ;)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Looks similar to an Aero but not an Aero. Which one is it and how are you covering the bumper holes?
Good question. That bootlid lip-spoiler might well complement my standard Pro wing. The rounded edge of the bootlid has always bugged the aerodynamicist in me, although in truth it might be sharp enough already to provide effective separation, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Drove it 419 miles. (Went shopping for wheels and tyres).

Or about the same distance in one day that I did in the previous 4 months.

Could happily do it all again tomorrow !

(EDIT ok, now tomorrow has come, maybe a day off in-between 🙂 )

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
70k service (at 50k miles, recall done last year), car always feels better after being on the ramps.

Cam plate had additional sealant applied as it had started to weep.

7801 - 7820 of 7833 Posts