GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7833 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Fixed the irritating creak my clutch was making.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I removed the slave cylinder, kept the hydraulic line attached though.
Removed the little slidey pin guy, gave that a good clean up and a greasing as I put all back, but I think dumping a load of grease inside the bell housing on to the fork did it.
Now all I have is a slight ping from the pedal spring.

It was really bad before, squeaking and creaking.

Reactions: Kaviar

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Installed new Vland tail lights tonight.

I've actually had these since last week, but when the arrived, the gasket on one of them was crushed and I couldn't get it to seal. So I ordered new ones which arrived today, hence the delay in installing them.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
MOT & inter service carried out yesterday, all sorted for another year. Seeing as I had only done about 1400 miles since last MOT & valve spring recall done in Feb 20, this seemed to be sense.
Also pre-MOT had 2 new front tyres,stayed with the Michelin Primacy as I get on ok with them.Originals did about 43,000 miles. Used Blackcircles for the first time-very impressed!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
MOT & inter service carried out yesterday, all sorted for another year. Seeing as I had only done about 1400 miles since last MOT & valve spring recall done in Feb 20, this seemed to be sense.
Also pre-MOT had 2 new front tyres,stayed with the Michelin Primacy as I get on ok with them.Originals did about 43,000 miles. Used Blackcircles for the first time-very impressed!
That is quite spooky Kat. MOT and inter service carried out yesterday, all sorted for another year. Seeing as I had only done 866 miles since last MOT and valve spring recall done in Feb 20, this seemed to be sense.
Indeed it did. Are we stalking each others cars???????

Would love to compare your car's emissions to my results, if you don't mind, in due course?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Also pre-MOT had 2 new front tyres,stayed with the Michelin Primacy as I get on ok with them.Originals did about 43,000 miles.
43000 miles! I once got 70000 out of a set but that was long ago :)
This is because they are made of wood :ROFLMAO: I got similar out of mine.

I gave the wheel wells and components a much needed wash to get rid of the all that winter grime build up. It was aggro but worthwhile doing, everything got a once over whilst the wheels were off, might have found the reason for the dull knock I sometimes get from my suspension, there is a nice little witness mark on the wishbone where the ARB droplink is kissing it. Looks as if I should have fitted shorter ones when I originally lowered the car. My Tein springs are looking a bit crusty after 4.5 years, they make nice stuff but it doesn't stay looking good for very long, same with my Eibach LCAs, they could do with powder coating in the future as the surface finish is poor, everything Toyota/Subaru have fitted though looks in good nick :)

20210321_104416 by mattp_88, on Flickr

20210321_111355 by mattp_88, on Flickr

I did notice that there was a lot of crud build up between the lip of the rear arches and the plastic arch liner. It will never come out on its own accord, that to me is a prime corrosion area when these cars start getting into their teens. I think before winter I will pull out the arch liners and see if its worthwhile adding some protection.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I did notice that there was a lot of crud build up between the lip of the rear arches and the plastic arch liner. It will never come out on its own accord, that to me is a prime corrosion area when these cars start getting into their teens. I think before winter I will pull out the arch liners and see if its worthwhile adding some protection.
I've noticed this too...I've never given the arches the full wheels off attention you have, but I've noticed before when running wash mit around the inside of the arch that it comes away absolutely coated in mud and detritus. I now just make sure I blast the pressure washer in there when I'm doing the wheels. I've got one of those 90 degree angled nozzles too, which makes getting in areas like that much easier.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
That is quite spooky Kat. MOT and inter service carried out yesterday, all sorted for another year. Seeing as I had only done 866 miles since last MOT and valve spring recall done in Feb 20, this seemed to be sense.
Indeed it did. Are we stalking each others cars???????

Would love to compare your car's emissions to my results, if you don't mind, in due course?
That is very uncanny! I have emailed the results to you 😁

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's about driving style. You can wear out tyres in a week too. I did get more mileage out of the HP than out of the other tyres, could be 30% more than the Nokian Line.
Might your tyres' longevity have something to do with there being fewer roundabouts to enjoy in Belgium? There was little opportunity to wear out tyres when I lived in Den Haag in the '90s, but the Dutch have covered their country in little roundabouts since, often with spoil-sport kerb lane dividers unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I've never done very long with my tyres on the 86 but I've driven many years with a 70hp diesel where I brought down the mileage for the same tyres 70K to maybe 15K. It's how I realized I really liked to drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I washed my 86 today before it started raining 🙃 But recently I installed the red TRD push start as I really like the green contrast in comparison to the stock one. Besides, more red equals more hp, right? :p

Added a tiny vinyl which reads "Nipponsei" (made in Japan) and the plastic TRD fuel cap cover. Just a small extra to add to the sporty vibe when topping up with 99ron.

That is the limit of cosmetic mods I'll be doing. Next will be fresh brake pads and summer tyres.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Getting auto transmission fluid done today; drain, removal of sump, new gasket, then a dry fill. also had bola 18s put on a couple of weeks ago - bought used, and were a bit rough but had them refurbed/powder coated white and they look okay. also had a cobra ss catback exhaust fitted. some pics below...

Attachments

7761 - 7780 of 7833 Posts