GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

7741 - 7756 of 7756 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
used cobra catback exhaust fitted yesterday. sounds slightly louder and a bit more burbly than factory standard. not as loud/intrusive as i was expecting.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yesterday, I was once again dismayed by the 'climate control system'. The car was parked in bright sunshine but the outside temperature was 12 degrees but the interior was hot from the greenhouse effect; the airco was switched off. I expected the system to pump in outside air to cool the interior down - no need for airco, but what happened? Yes, fan came on... and so did re-circulation!

Not the first time by any means that recirc has been inappropriately activated, but over the winter, I'd forgotten. 🙄

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yesterday, I was once again dismayed by the 'climate control system'. The car was parked in bright sunshine but the outside temperature was 12 degrees but the interior was hot from the greenhouse effect; the airco was switched off. I expected the system to pump in outside air to cool the interior down - no need for airco, but what happened? Yes, fan came on... and so did re-circulation!

Not the first time by any means that recirc has been inappropriately activated, but over the winter, I'd forgotten. 🙄
Don't quote me on any of this, but I suspect that the climate control is linked to the AC. If you turned off your AC, then the automatic mode will be disabled. And the system isn't smart enough to know that it can use outside air...it always relies on the AC to supply air cooler than the interior. Recirc is generally the quickest way to cool down a hot interior quickly, but only with the AC enabled I guess.

Out of interest, why not just leave the AC on? I leave mine turned on permantly and have never had any trouble with the CC system. Even in the winter it helps demisting the windows, and I was told that regular use of the AC means its less likely to develop leaks.

My only gripe with the CC is that on cold days, it sets the blowers to feet and windscreen, which is logical, but my hands get really cold, so I have to manually set it to the face level vents. Or wear gloves. Which is annoying.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

IIRC, disabling that re-circ feature is something you can do with an OBD2 linked app.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Out of interest, why not just leave the AC on? I leave mine turned on permantly and have never had any trouble with the CC system. Even in the winter it helps demisting the windows, and I was told that regular use of the AC means its less likely to develop leaks..
I do usually leave it on, but this winter it has been so redundant in my garaged car for so long, I thought I'd switch it off. Of course, it may be that it would not have cut in at any time lately anyway, but I can't see any way of monitoring what it's up to. It's on now, anyway, and will stay on until at least next winter when it will likely only get switched off if I've more info to support swiching off in the meantime.

But iirc, the system will switch to recirc when the airco is on, even when the outside temperature is usefully low ; that's crazy - using energy to power the airco when environmental air will do the job.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gave mine a wash then took her out for a spin on a mixture of roads. Realised that the paintwork is actually looking a bit shabby and needs some TLC to get it back looking its best.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
This dashcam video is over a month old. Oversteer on throttle at about 85mph in cold weather. Not clear how this guy managed to do this. They're blaming traces of ice on the left side. Maybe. I'm thinking lack of skill, accelerating in a bend starting from behind the dashcam car, reduced grip, and last but not least, pics of the crashed car show it's been lowered significantly. Lowering by 2cm can be done as long as it is accompanied by decent alignment.
The lights aren't standard either. Had to look twice to be sure it was a GT86.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This dashcam video is over a month old. Oversteer on throttle at about 85mph in cold weather. Not clear how this guy managed to do this. They're blaming traces of ice on the left side. Maybe. I'm thinking lack of skill, accelerating in a bend starting from behind the dashcam car, reduced grip, and last but not least, pics of the crashed car show it's been lowered significantly. Lowering by 2cm can be done as long as it is accompanied by decent alignment.
The lights aren't standard either. Had to look twice to be sure it was a GT86.
Had to have been ice.

·
Registered
470 Posts
When going to my car this morning, I was blessed with Bat droppings over my recently resprayed rear bumper. It wasn't a little, it was a LOT. It has etched into the paintwork, badly. Totally ruined. Unfortunately after some reading, bat droppings are the worst, they are ridiculously acidic.

I officially have the worst luck with this car.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
When going to my car this morning, I was blessed with Bat droppings over my recently resprayed rear bumper. It wasn't a little, it was a LOT. It has etched into the paintwork, badly. Totally ruined. Unfortunately after some reading, bat droppings are the worst, they are ridiculously acidic.

I officially have the worst luck with this car.
Do you keep your car in a cave?!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I actually washed it today. I think it's the first time since my mum died. So that would be nearly a year ago.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do you keep your car in a cave?!
😂 I wish I did because then at least the birds would stop c****ing on it 😆 We have bats where I live, east Airdrie near farmland. You see them quite often, there's even bat boxes dotted around the area, placed by the council. The hospital where I work even has them (bat boxes) on the boundaries. Their droppings are quite distinctive, and damn messy.

Evidently I had the car parked under a street light in this instance. Oops.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Great tip, as I'm planning to put a bat box outside my house after they got evicted when new houses were built in the nearby quarry where they lived. I never park there (car garaged), but other b*ggers do; that'll teach them to slam their doors late at night.

7741 - 7756 of 7756 Posts