GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

What did you do to your GT86/BRZ/FRS today?

929K views 9K replies 473 participants last post by  Tazzerama 
Thanks for the image. I was thinking of going the other way.a frown instead of a smile, if you know what I mean. There is no paint just black plastic while the smile means you need to stick it on the painted surface.

You got / get a great deal Nasher, I must admit and thanks for your response. For me I keep it to my Subaru dealer for two main reasons, inspite of costs:
1. Relationship: he supported my case for warranty repairs with Subaru even though it was pushed back by S.
2. I take half a day off to be in the garage to see my car being serviced. They let me be there and see it being done and also let me buy the fluids, if i prefer, as long as it's manufacturer specs.

This one is funny

Galaxian said:
Parked her up in a multi storey car park, reversed into space, met friend for coffee, returned and got back in, pressed start and the exhaust set the alarm off on the car in the next space ! Nearly p1$$ed myself laughing

Alarm stopped so I applied throttle and it went off again

Captain - Any chance you could please share the Dyno before and after graphs? Wanted to compare them with the Ace ones Mark posted a week or so ago!
Also do you get to hear the subaru rumble and has the exhaust become louder?
TheCaptain said:
Borla uel manifold installed and remapped today by Mark at abbey Motorsports. Very happy with the results has made the car so much more exciting to drive. Was a very giddy drive home

Thanks for sharing captain and fantastic result with minimising the dip! Out of curiosity why did you not choose the Cobra UEL too to complement your catback? I am very tempted to go for it myself but just the header and not the cat back.

Nasher said:
Subaru is pulling performance models from the UK :/

The STIs won't be sold here after the current one.
You are correct but that's for this generation and they are pulling it due to emission norms and carbon reduction commitments as STi is highly carbon un-friendly

Does not mean the next gen STi will not come back to UK if it is a hybrid or electric or highly optimised fossil fuel...Dealers are creating the hype and artificial demand to push sales of existing STi's....

Furnate said:
Had the 60k service done. Ouch. Also had mtec shift springs fitted, they're subtle but the gear change is a bit sharper now.
Thats the most expensive service, i believe.
Presumably Toyota fixed price servicing - 600£?Does Toyota also recommend a re treatment of rust proofing and is it included in fixed price? Subaru has a 12 yr anti rust warranty, where there needs to be a dealer inspection and stamp every year and a retreatment every 6 yrs (chargeable extra).

Enut said:
Just caught up with this thread and relieved to find that the 2nd gear issue is a well known fault. I've had my car from 800 miles (now on about 3000) and it is garaged yet every time I take it out the change into 2nd and less so into 3rd is really quite tough for the first few junctions. I had thought that maybe it was just the gearbox being new but was going to mention it at it's first service if it doesn't improve.

Is this something that can be rectified/improved under warranty? If not what is the approx. cost of the shift springs and would this affect the warranty?

Thanks
Honest answer is to get used to it as a characteristic trait as I changed my gearbox oil and it got worse.