GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you do in your test drive which you shouldn't really have?

I admit when test driving the Subaru BRZ recently, I burnt up a MR2 who had just joined the motorway I was on.

I know he took interest, as he caught up with me and stuck right on my tail, even though I was only cruising at the speed limit.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I admit to hitting 100 in 4th gear on Dual Carriageway with Salesman next to me egging me on

G

·
It was raining cats and dogs on my first test drive (auto); meant tail wagging was easily achieved at reduced speed on most roundabouts.When I took out a manual it was dry and clear and thoroughly enjoyed some swift paced, sure footed handling in local lanes and B roads, including my daily 'commute'.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
lordgrover said:
It was raining cats and dogs on my first test drive (auto); meant tail wagging was easily achieved at reduced speed on most roundabouts.When I took out a manual it was dry and clear and thoroughly enjoyed some swift paced, sure footed handling in local lanes and B roads, including my daily 'commute'.
Thats not very naughty though

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
lordgrover said:
I'd be a little naive to post on a public forum IF I'd done anything naughty though. ;)
haha this is true
you mgiht have trst driven on a track?

Cant wait to get my car on the track so I can give it some welly.

Edited by: GT86Owner

G

·
Colleagues bought me a track day voucher for Castle Combe for my birthday last week. Rather looking forward to that.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I red lined in every gear i could, tried going over speed humps slightly faster, Reverse Parked into a tight spot and drifted at every opportunity i could. Just the regular test drive.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I guess I was slightly more sensible than most. I started with the usual drive on familiar roads to gage the ride/damping etc before opening it up on some B roads.

Try as I might I could not get it to "drift" and only got it a bit sideways on the final roundabout approaching the dealer. Only then did I realize that the TC was on for the duration of the test...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
At least we all agree on something...we enjoyed the car very much...!!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
I just drove the car over a variety of roads. I did my test drive up the Cat and Fiddle and down the other side on the A54 to Bosley, then back round to Macclesfield.

I know the roads particularly well and was fortunate enough to be able to experience wet conditions on the start of the climb up the 'Cat' which allowed me to get the 'bad aids' working, when I flicked the tail out, then also in the dry on faster bends I had the traction control light flashing on some of the exits.

I also did a bit of redlining and accelerated to fairly fast speeds. I just tried to get a bit of variety on the drive. I was most impressed with how the car handled undulating fast A roads and mid to high speed bends. I felt it inspired confidence. :)

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Yeap same here. My dealer is on the edge of the village on the edge of a city. I got to try it on some B roads and dual carriage ways. Then I drove it through Bedford too. I noticed in 2nd gear in the dry it was quite easy to get the traction control light to come on.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i agree with ..Lauren

the car makes you feel safe and that it can handle and do more than you think it can...in other words it looks after you so don't be afraid and give it some beans...

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Celica66 said:
i agree with ..Lauren

the car makes you feel safe and that it can handle and do more than you think it can...in other words it looks after you so don't be afraid and give it some beans...
My wife mentioned she feels alot safer (in the passenger seat) when I am pushing it than my current car. I think alot it is dow nthe the lovely low centre fo gravity.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Celica66 said:
i agree with ..Lauren

Indeed. It takes some provoking to get sideways but felt easy to learn from the two test drives I had. And my wife drove it and did not find it in the least bit intimidating.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ordered mine before the dealers had one in so havent had a test drive but have no problem buying it blind so to speak every faith it will deliver

1 - 20 of 29 Posts