GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
You see, I hear what your saying about the black, but I have always wanted a black car and have yet to own one, so I will just let it slip over my head.....la la la

This would be my current order:

Black
Grey (Owned before)
White (Owned before)

Outsider choices would be the orange which I may need to view in the flesh and possibly the blue.

Edited by: Pablo

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean about owning a black car but believe me it's a poison chalice keeping it clean.

The orange</font> is a great colour, really suits the GT86. As someone said on Saturday if you're buying a sports car why not go for a bright sporty colour so it stands out. I wanted to like the red</font> but it's quite plain, not bright. Silver</font> looks very boring on the GT86. Toyota had to do a dark blue </font>as they have an agreement with Subaru to let them do their scoobie blue on the BRZ.
As for white it looks sporty but white is too common a colour at the moment.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd have to go for white, partly because it's a Japanese sports car and mostly because it means I can have whatever colour wheels I want on it. I keep getting annoyed by the fact my car is Red so I can't have fun colour wheels without it looking stupid...

Edited by: iwantcheese5

·
Registered
157 Posts
iwantcheese5 said:
I keep getting annoyed by the fact my car is Red so I can't have fun colour wheels without it looking stupid...
I raise you a picture of my CRX in red doing quite well with its royal colour scheme over the jubilee weekend

·
Registered
13 Posts
en8wall, sounds like you've seen the burnt orange "in the flesh".

I'm in New Zealand and looking at ordering for the first shipment so sight unseen. All set with the local Toyota dealer except need to choose colour.

Narrowed down to orange, white or grey. Like the orange but very nervous without seeing it (that said I currently have the bright yellow Nissan 200SX).

I like the white but maybe too boring and if not white or orange I'm left with the grey.

Is the orange awesome???

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry looked up "awesome" in the disctionary it said - 'see Americans'!

However I can confirm Burnt Orange is a standard Toyota colour and most dealers will have at least one other model of car in the Toyota range in orange. I've seen in in the showroom (artificial lights) and outdoors. It's a fantastic colour which will look stunning on the GT86.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

My only question mark over the orange is if it is a colour that has has its day.

In NZ we had the Nissan 350z a while ago in a very similar colour and Holden HSV (Vauxhall for you I guess) also had a burnt orange some years ago.

Is this a "new" orange or similar to past oranges?

Love the American comment - must be the amount of their TV we get now - or the fact that I'm old!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The orange does look good but my concerns were would it be too much everyday and also i think it will be the most popular car so therefore seen more.
I agree with the 350Z comment. I think the GT86 looks best in bright colours. Red for me.

Edited by: en8wall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts