GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its personal preference but this car looks good in all its colours, Anyone else struggled to make a decision when i came to ordering time?

chris

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes i struggled, started on Orange moved to dark grey settled on white

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can't say I struggled to make a choice. When someone on the forum referred to the orange one as ginger that put me off it. I've had black before, nice when new and clean, rough when dirty or swirly in bright sun if washed wrong. White... Lovely in this car but where I live it doesn't suit cow manure stripes. The grey is beautiful as is the blue but my current car is red. Polishes up well, doesn't show up dirt too quickly but mainly the wife said...... Get it in red.... Lol choice made. Plus it is nice with red interior. To be honest it's a gut thing.. Go with how you feel. Edited by: Ratzart

·
Registered
469 Posts
Picking the colour was the hardest part of the ordering process... really couldn't make my mind up between Silver with the red leather seats/inserts or Orange, which I think the red interior would have clashed with. I was even unsure if the red stitching option would look wrong with the Orange car.

As I'd only seen the red in the flesh and I didn't want red (as a previous MR2 had been red), I really wanted to see the Orange 'in the flesh' before ordering. Luckily for me, the day of my test drive the dealer got an Orange with Leather & red stitching in the showroom and as soon as I saw it that was my decision made - It looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah think it will go down to gut feeling on the day, worse case if i regret the colour a year doen the line ill get it wrapped in something different lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Not ordered yet - first test drive this weekend (hopefully - waiting to hear back from the dealer re availability)....colour choice down to 2 right now red or white.

I am concerned that the red will fade though. Every red car ever has faded.
I will never buy another black car - they show too much dirt.
Every other car on the road is either silver or black.
The ginger doesn't grab me - looks like a Z350 rip off.
I had a grey 205 - and who wants their car to match their hair?
The blue is a bit bland.

So it's down to White or Red. - probably White (although the ££ extra is steep).

If only there was a yellow or a green or a purple(!!!)

Edited by: Twigman

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Buy a brz then

WR Blue

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yes, this choice did have me struggling a few times.

IMO no colour looks as good as black when it's clean and treated with the right wax, but over the last week i've been drawn to both the silver and the white. I actually think it's the wheels i struggled with as i believe these suit the colours other than black best.

However after seeing a few more pics of black ones and seeing one in the flesh i went with it. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
BRZ blue in the metal I was quite taken with, it's a really very nice colour!

My personal preference as car cleaning enthusiast is black, but I am one to clean the car each week and keep it well waxed. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Orange (or IrnBru) is stunning in daylight and before silver then red can be the only choice.

All red paint DOES NOT fade. Only in dodgy 1980s Vauxhall Astras !

However ultimately the best colour has got to be the Subaru WRX blue. Those BRZs are STUNNING. My GT86 is on order, but I might have ordered a BRZ if I'd seen the blue in advance. Even though the delivery period is stupidly long at 8 months.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i agreeSpeedymurr as i too may have ordered BRZ in Blue as looks fantastic but 8 months wait...NO THANKS...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
It was almost a straight forward order for me, always loved white cars and the GT-86 is no exception, though if they had a liquid yellow like on the Renaultsports I would jump on that, love that yellow and regret not getting it for my Clio. Would have liked to check out the orange but I saw a Aygo I think in the same orange (according to one of the dealers) and it didn't really standout as I thought it would....but then again it was on an Aygo

G

·
Y'see... this is what concerns me a little.I've ordered ginger based on the marketing/launch cars but having seen it IRL on typical Toyota dull cars I'm a little concerned now.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i drove Orange one at Goodwood and Toyota T Wells have one as well ...does look a bit dull but think all will be fine when we actually get our cars as we will fall in love with them again and again

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Look at this Thread and you may be a little happier???http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/its-here_topic375_post3669.html#3669

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I too have been wrangling with this problem...
I drove the BRZ at the weekend but hated the ride and over-amplified engine sound compared to the GT86.
(I drove GT86/BRZ/GT86) But I do love that WR Blue...

Anyway in the end I concluded that whilst Blue or Grey would be nice, both the Toyota shades are a bit too dark IMO.

So it's Red for me...it's kind of a cherry red, and looks fantastic in bright sunlight!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Senna said:
I too have been wrangling with this problem...
I drove the BRZ at the weekend but hated the ride and over-amplified engine sound compared to the GT86.
(I drove GT86/BRZ/GT86) But I do love that WR Blue...

Anyway in the end I concluded that whilst Blue or Grey would be nice, both the Toyota shades are a bit too dark IMO.

So it's Red for me...it's kind of a cherry red, and looks fantastic in bright sunlight!
Welcome!

I've ordered a Red but have yet to see one in person. cannot wait!

Hope you enjoy the forums.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
lordgrover said:
Y'see... this is what concerns me a little.I've ordered ginger based on the marketing/launch cars but having seen it IRL on typical Toyota dull cars I'm a little concerned now.
DOnt worry, its gonig to look amazing. I rally think you cannot go wrong with any of the colours.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts