GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all
Just been out putting more miles on my car, 350 and counting. Took it to a great stretch of road I know, the A507 between Buntingford (Herts) to Baldock and then back again. Got to say the GT86 is absolutelyfantastic on curvy open A roads.

It's amazing how much fun you can have up to 4000rpm (and just a bit over
) in a GT86. I'm so glad I went for the auto, the paddles are a boom on quick flowing roads and even into tight corners they let you concentrate on the drivingkeeping both hands on the wheel. Downshift blips are good fun too. Even managed a few flashes from the traction control light.

One thing that tells me how great a car it is, is thatI haven't once thought, oh that was a lot of money to spend on a car. If anything I'm thinking what a bargain!

Now all I've got to do is get the 1001 flys off the front of it.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I saw the concept FT-86 with the zips all over the dash. Is that the same sort of thing as you having 1001 flies on the front of your car? Probably the oil filler spout under one of them....but which one?!?! Only 1001 flies to go.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cheers for that review. I have been panicking about my choice of auto and wondering if i made the right choice, considering I would have a manual by now. Im glad the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...............and I discovered today that I can play the music on my phone through the bluetooth on the stereo. Amazing! (I'm not into technology)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Get with it en8wall!! Trouble with that is you have to control your music through the hand held/ipod. Works well, but not if you want to change the music a lot. Is there a very short iPod cable available? currenty my 1.2 is coiled up and looking messy

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just click the > < arrows on the stereo to flick through the music TBucket, no cable needed thebluetooth automatically picksup the music from the phone. I was in awe of it when I found out it could play via bluetooth.
My brother just said to me "welcome to the modern world" when I told him.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
en8wall said:
I just click the > < arrows to flick through the music TBucket. I was in awe of it when I found out it could play via bluetooth. My brother just said to me "welcome to the modern world" when I told him.
Bet he doesnt have the best place to listen to it though

·
Registered
877 Posts
TBucket said:
Get with it en8wall!! Trouble with that is you have to control your music through the hand held/ipod. Works well, but not if you want to change the music a lot. Is there a very short iPod cable available? currenty my 1.2 is coiled up and looking messy
My iPhone connects through Bluetooth and I can flick through the tracks on the CD player display?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats for sure. He has '10 Audi A4 3.0TDi S Line Quattro Black Edition, super fast but super boring.
When he drove the Gt86 at the weekend he said "this is so low, it's a proper sports car"

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Mike_89 said:
TBucket said:
My iPhone connects through Bluetooth and I can flick through the tracks on the CD player display?
I tried my iPod through blue tooth and I couldnt change album or artist on the display. Maybe just me being .. me

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
iPod bluetooth is just a wireless external speaker support, if you want to control it, see album covers etc it needs to be plugged into usb port. This is a feature of the ipod, the standard apple bluetooth doesn't even support file transfer.

This is the ipod touch I am talking about here don't know about the iphone

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
469 Posts
Habu said:
Isn't anyone using the USB port? Music via USB is usually of better quality than streaming over BT plus USB charges your device. This is the way I always played music in my cars.
That's what I'm intending to do, get a couple of 8GB USB Sticks and load them up with favourite tracks / albums, plug one in, put it on random shuffle and enjoy. Beats a multi-CD changer any day.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I brought one of these 32gb bad boys so I could just leave it in the car without any worries

You won't actually be able to see this clearly as the rubber cover covers this up....just looks like you didn't put the cover back onto the USB/AUX ports.

And nice write-up en8wall

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ok experts. I tried that with my iTunes collection. Didnt work. What format do you need to put on one of those? Because im fed up with the ipod trip wire

·
Registered
887 Posts
TBucket said:
Ok experts. I tried that with my iTunes collection. Didnt work. What format do you need to put on one of those? Because im fed up with the ipod trip wire
I imagine you need normal mp3 or possibly wma... Itunes rips music as aac as standard which is not always possible to play on a wide variety of standard music playing devices... You may have to re-rip your music... :-( or find an aftermarket cable....

Otherwise I'm glad the OP is enjoying a) the car and b) the auto :) good luck with the flies!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.