GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
My rear bumper not that bad (just bumper and only top of paint), but also scratched. Careless close parkers that choose just drive off with no sense of guilt :/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got the 86 into have the damage repaired. 2 months later, thanks insurance guys!! I've been mooting the idea of selling and going for something "slightly more German". But after having a courtesy 22 reg Fiesta Active for a week. I realise exactly how much I love to drive the 86. They say that familiarity breeds contempt. If anyone else is having doubts about their 86. I highly recommend a week in a Fiesta Active!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I finally got the 86 into have the damage repaired. 2 months later, thanks insurance guys!! I've been mooting the idea of selling and going for something "slightly more German". But after having a courtesy 22 reg Fiesta Active for a week. I realise exactly how much I love to drive the 86. They say that familiarity breeds contempt. If anyone else is having doubts about their 86. I highly recommend a week in a Fiesta Active!!
Every Cloud .......

I've long been a fan of spreading my motoring budget over two cars when circumstances allow - one sporty, the other generally more humdrum / practical.

So right now an Aygo keeps the 86 feeling ultra special, a decade ago - Fabia diesel estate / MR2.

This philosophy can backfire though. I managed to blow the motor on my first MR2 just as I'd reinsured it for the spring. The planned summer of topdown mid engined hooning rapidly vanished while I deliberated over the options (rebuilt motor / recon motor / new MR2?) leaving me to put FAR too many miles on the Fabia.

I bloody hated it by the time I'd sorted another MR2 !

·
Registered
513 Posts
That is literally the exact same sort of damage which happened to mine a couple years ago. Exact same area of the bumper, and like your situation it was a hit and run whilst parked on the street. It makes you furious. Incidentally, a week or two later, my wife's Fiat 500 got side-swiped leaving a dented door and wing. I didn't go the route of insurance, I just got a local shop to repair it out of my own pocket. My wife is yet to have her's repaired.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the car back from the repair shop. Nearly 3 weeks ago. As the sun was disappearing over the horizon, I decided it might be nice to give it a good wash. But just before I got the Karscher out. A C Class Merc drove in the back of me!!
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I assume I use the horseshoe to throw at Merc drivers who (may or may not) have been looking at their phone

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd be absolutely livid. It's the sheer ignorance from these folks whom evidently shouldn't be allowed on the road that really pi**es me off. The amount of tools driving on the road has skyrocketed. Would you believe that literally just over a week after I made my post earlier in this thread my new car was hit, in the exact same spot your GT86 (and my own one previously) was hit.

Thankfully the damage was minor and polished out, however we're now having a meeting with the council as the road is now declared dangerous as neighbours' cars have been hit again aswell. Report these incidents to the police aswell who will keep it on file, and should there be many complaints being made from other citizens then they would be obliged to do something about it. Our MSP has also been an incredible help throughout it aswell so that's might be worth a shot too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Repair shop just collected it. I'm never happy watching my car being driven away even when Mrs ZoneFX is at the wheel! But I also can't help thinking "WOW!! Look at the stunning car!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts