GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Looks similar. I had a blue Celica, main reason I didnt look at the blue (wanted a change). But def in my top 3 colours now for the 86
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
Some old carpet is what the bloke who used to own my house had nailed to the garage wall, made sure you didn't scratch the door.

Alec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All good advice but the big advantage of a strip on the door is that there's no need to carry the carpet around along with some impact adhesive, followed by some painful contortions out of the window in case protection is needed elsewhere...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
That, Sir, - is a very nice looking motor car indeed !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Stunning. Looks really good. If I hadn't had seen Blue in the showroom I would have gone for the dark grey but the blue looks so good in the flesh, it really does.

Very tempted to paint my calliper's red when I finally get mine later this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some bird had dared to do some business on it this morning. I told her to use a toilet next time but fortunately it came off easy thanks to cquartz.

Red calipers eh. Post some pics if you do, be interested to see what that looks like on the blue...
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
DavidGT86 said:
Stunning. Looks really good. If I hadn't had seen Blue in the showroom I would have gone for the dark grey but the blue looks so good in the flesh, it really does.

Very tempted to paint my calliper's red when I finally get mine later this week.
I bought one of these foliatec Rosso Red kits yesterday ready for hte weekend. Wheel nuts shoudl be 120NM when you put the wheel back on...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
GT86Owner said:
DavidGT86 said:
Stunning. Looks really good. If I hadn't had seen Blue in the showroom I would have gone for the dark grey but the blue looks so good in the flesh, it really does.

Very tempted to paint my calliper's red when I finally get mine later this week.
I bought one of these foliatec Rosso Red kits yesterday ready for hte weekend. Wheel nuts shoudl be 120NM when you put the wheel back on...

That's exactly what I intend to buy. Thanks for the torque figures. I was about to look that up!
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
DavidGT86 said:
GT86Owner said:
DavidGT86 said:
Stunning. Looks really good. If I hadn't had seen Blue in the showroom I would have gone for the dark grey but the blue looks so good in the flesh, it really does.

Very tempted to paint my calliper's red when I finally get mine later this week.
I bought one of these foliatec Rosso Red kits yesterday ready for hte weekend. Wheel nuts shoudl be 120NM when you put the wheel back on...

That's exactly what I intend to buy. Thanks for the torque figures. I was about to look that up!
I went for the Foliatec becasue they are rated up to 300C.... I have heard horror stories where halfords Own Paint/Hammerite melted and pissed paint all over the alloys/car


p.s. thank Senna for the Wheel Nut torque, he told me on another thread.....


Edited by: GT86Owner
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top