GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if someone can clear up my VSC Sport button mystery?

When I was out on Sunday, I pressed the right button (VSC Sport) and the light comes on as expected.

The car skidding symbol didn't come on, but after a few minutes of experimenting, when pressed again, both symbols came on together.

Now when the VSC button is pressed both lights always come on... - am I hallucinating, or has something changed?

The TRC button seems independent of these functions, but have I managed to reset or reprogram something ???
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShinyBRZ said:
You've just sent 50 members out on the way to work, I bet, all playing with the buttons!!
Well at least I will no longer be in a minority if you all screw yours up too!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is very interesting. For my first hour in the car, I got the VSC symbol light alone...

Has anyone else experience of this ???Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please keep playing / experimenting!

G

·
TRAC off is for use on poor surfaces like snow and mud.VSC is the nanny net to protect us from having fun and/or skidding/losing control.

G

·
Kodename47 said:
I thought the VSC Sport turns everything down except TCS. Then you turn TCSoff with the other button to have all 3 lights illuminated for full fun. I found holding did no difference
Holding the button for three seconds only works while stationary.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am still confused.

So what did i do to just get VSC Sport light on ???

·
Registered
977 Posts
When driving I get full control (everything off), top two of the three lamps on, by pressing the VSC button, then the TRAC button for several seconds, when driving along. That's in a BRZ, can't imagine it's different from the GT, though.
I've randomly seen other odd combinations but they seem to be a bit random. That or my 1 byte brain cannot remember the button combinations!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.