GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried mine in VSC Sport tonight around a couple of roundabouts I know well.
Compared to full traction control it gives more feel and you cansense when the rear wants tobegin to "slip" as you near the tyres limits. Not tried it with everything turned off yet and I don't plan to for a while.

Could VSC Sport be the default setting for GT86 aficionado's?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Does anyone know if the VSC Sport mode does anything else besides turn off VSC? Some people have been saying that things firm up, throttle become more responsive yada yada, I thought it was just turn off VSC and then the next stage is turn off Traction Control?

·
Registered
39 Posts
VSC Sport waters down the traction control allowing the rear tyres to loose traction a little more but will reduce throttle if the tyres start to loose traction too much allowing the driver to have some fun without writing off their pride & joy.

I would suggest turning off the traction control fully in dry weather conditions only & if your a competent driver ie if you know how to catch oversteer.
Turn off the traction control by pressing the traction control button for 3 seconds, you'll know if you've successfully turned it off as the traction control light will illuminate on the dash!,,

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
en8wall said:

For the afficianados, I would suggest that everything off will surely be the default setting.

I'm not a fan of stability or traction control myself.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I'll be trying all three settings at ,a hopefully dry, Silverstone on 3rd September.

G

·
en8wall said:
Tried mine in VSC Sport tonight around a couple of roundabouts I know well.
Compared to full traction control it gives more feel and you cansense when the rear wants tobegin to "slip" as you near the tyres limits. Not tried it with everything turned off yet and I don't plan to for a while.

It's mostly willy-waving. Most of us will be toddling to work every day in traffic or the motorway so it'll make no difference what setting you select.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">It's only when I'mspecificallyout for a bit of tail happy fun I'll touch the switch.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">In your auto I'd suspect sport mode will be fine as you have less control over clutch and gear selection but those experienced with RWD and manual transmission TC 'off' may be the preferred option.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Oh I don't know, I admit, if it's wet I just about always play on the roundabouts on the way to work. It's a pity I guess there is no more permanent way of switching off the VSC/Traction control.

·
Registered
887 Posts
for me, I found the VSC off gives quite a bit of leeway on slip angle but it cuts in very sharply when you get to the end of the limit...

I haven't tried flinging it about with everything off because there is no-where round here that is really safe for that sort of thing but the other day it had just started raining and even with everything on I still had to catch a bit of tail happy action at a large roundabout - I had kind of asked for a bit of fun but wasn't really expecting the full Christmas tree to light up...!

Anyway, for me, with my history, totally off is for trackdays with plenty of run-off until I get properly comfortable with the way the car handles...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sideways? said:
for me, I found the VSC off gives quite a bit of leeway on slip angle but it cuts in very sharply when you get to the end of the limit...

I haven't tried flinging it about with everything off because there is no-where round here that is really safe for that sort of thing but the other day it had just started raining and even with everything on I still had to catch a bit of tail happy action at a large roundabout - I had kind of asked for a bit of fun but wasn't really expecting the full Christmas tree to light up...!

Anyway, for me, with my history, totally off is for trackdays with plenty of run-off until I get properly comfortable with the way the car handles...

I can vouch for that. Traction control ON -- especially in the wet and if you're a FWD noob. The oversteer on this car is quick and a little bit violent. It's not like Forza at all ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.