GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently have the stock 2013 Lexus style oem rear lights on the car and have seen the VLAND ones for sale on amazon, which look a lot nicer. Similar to the face lift ones.

Confusing though as there are responses to questions on there such as "There is no MOT in the tail light" and "There is no reflector". Bit apprehensive about spending £245 on lights that appear to be for show/off road use only.

Are these rear lights MOT friendly and have built in reflectors?

As a side note, how much are a genuine set of face lift rear lights from Mr T?

Appreciated,
Craig

·
Registered
2013 GT86, Black
7 Posts
Hi Craig,

Yep I had the exact same dilemma, but went ahead and bought the smoked VLANDs. From inspection, they do have a small band of a red(ish) colour, not sure it counts as 'reflective'- image attached.
Otherwise, from what I understand the lower reverse light areas have reflective brake lights in the strip, but believe this may only count as one of the '2 mandatory red rear reflectors'. I see a lot of these on the road, which is a hopeful sign. I'll see if I can get a second opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the close up pictures, appreciated. The VLAND lights look very smart and quite tempted. My only other concerns on reading up on other experiences with these lights:

1. Fogging/Condensation due to poor sealing
2. Gaskets too thick resulting in panel gaps
3. Bad earths causing side light flicker with indicators on
4. Sequential indicators failing after short period of time
5. Incorrect lights being sent and a mare to get the right set or a refund
6. Repinning required? I.e. sidelights flashing and indicators lighting up as side lights

However, there are many positive reviews on them also. People having no issue with them years after fitting.

·
Registered
2013 GT86, Black
7 Posts
So far I've had none of these issues, definitely no repinning required from my experience. Was plug and play, 10 minute installation. I've had them for around 5 months, so far so good! If nervous about the MOT I might suggest keeping your old ones to swap on just in case, but your call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts