GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know there has been corrosion issues with grey imported Japanese cars in the past. And that in Japan they don't salt their roads, hence their home market cars are not undersealed.

But does anyone know yet the potential rust resistance if the GT86?

Peering under a couple of cars now, there is a big under tray that appears to be plastic. But there is also a lot of shiny painted metal.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to rust up a brand new car. If anyone is that bothered by it i can get a group buy sorted out through Valet Magic

·
Registered
363 Posts
en8wall said:
Rust won't be an issue, it's not an issue with other Toyota's.

Oh yes. Fortunately Toyota have good reliability in teh UK and will not want to tarnish that reputation.

G

·
That may be the case, but the 86 is largely designed by Subaru and built in Subaru factory, no?I have no idea whether Subarus are prone to rust or not, but that's the marque we may be better to look to. Or not?

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you open the boot, the hinges have Subaru stamped on them

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Surely it will be galvanised? I thought all cars built in around the last ten years or more were. Is there an anti perforation warranty?

·
Registered
90 Posts
No problems with rust on Subaru's, dont forget they were originally the farmers vehicle of choice and virtually indestructible. I've had my Impreza from new (9 years) and its still in excellent condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts