GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would someone lucky enough to have their GT86, mind taking a photo underneath both front seats with the seat(s) all the way down? I want to evaluate how much room there may be under the seats to mount a couple of sub-woofers.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
gt_sjo said:
Hi all,

Would someone lucky enough to have their GT86, mind taking a photo underneath both front seats with the seat(s) all the way down? I want to evaluate how much room there may be under the seats to mount a couple of sub-woofers.

or how much room to lose phone...money...wallet...etc as usual...he he

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Surely if you struggle to get someones feet underneath the seats, you won't be able to fit a decent sub underneath?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keethos said:
Surely if you struggle to get someones feet underneath the seats, you won't be able to fit a decent sub underneath?

You can get some very shallow mount subs these days (~2"). I have a pair of 15's I could stick in the boot but I really don't want to add that kind of weight to the car, especially over the rear axle.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Keethos said:
The sub in the JBL system is a shallow mount. Its something like this one in an enclosue to fit where the spare wheel goes. Its 74mm deep!

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
LOL, that shows how little I know about sound systems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.