GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Tall person here, looking for other tall people... for advice, that is.

Been out in a GT86 a couple of times now and at 6'5" I just can't get comfortable. The wheel needs about another 2" of travel out and up I think. Just wondering how aspen8 managed to fit in at 6'8"?! Or any other tall people here. The wheel was hardly clearing my left leg and no room to get my hand around.

Maybe I'm missing something ... all the reviews I've seen seem to say it's easy for anyone to find a good driving position.

Thanks!

Luke.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm 6'4" and found it easy to get comfortable the only thing that was strange to me was the steering wheel being so tiny! Maybe it's because you're not used to the seating position with it being so low down, it does feel strange to begin with.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah I'm used to a small wheel, but not having no space between wheel and left thigh! Do you have the seat way back with virtually straight arms?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I can't remember if it was fully back tbh but I didn't have any problems getting comfortable. I do like the snug feeling though!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 6'4" and initially found the seating position and overall layout very cramped and the steering wheel far too low. I was disappointed.

The salesman then lowered the seat down and everything just seemed much better. More headroom (obviously) but the steering wheel was right (once I pulled it forward) and leg room okay. My previous car was a 370z which seemed bigger inside but the GT86 was more comfortable after the seat was lowered.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not been on the forum for a while so just spotted this.

First time I sat in one I thought it was too tight, second time when I went for a test drive I had more success. Seat was obviously as low and as far back as possible, wheel was moved up as well. Key difference for me the second time though was to recline the seat a little. Meant my head wasnt brushing the roof.

There is indeed no where for my left hand to go when turning tight left. I think I would easily get used to that though as it would only be on low speed manouevres that it would likely be an issue.

Its definitely snug but I found it quite comfortable when i drove it. I will hopefully replace my clio with one but I'll need an extended test drive to make sure its comfortable on longer journeys.

It may depend where your height is, my inside leg is 38" so they are usually the biggest problem! I'm pretty slim as well so that probably also helps me. The GT86 is the first car of this type I've bene able to fit in. I was delighted to find I could fit in it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Well after a third attempt I finally found a way to fit in ... so order placed! Manual, blue, parking sensors (kinda used to them and have a feeling I will be annoyed if one day I forget I no longer have them).

For me the answer was actually to put the seat more upright. Usually I don't have it that far back as I like to be very reclined, but not with straight arms. Here fully back but a bit more upright just about does the trick, though it is still pretty tight (no spare headroom. Fortunately my hair is all but gone anyway). Why they don't put more reach and rake adjustment in (that applies to any car really) I don't know. Maybe there's some regulation on how far out a wheel can be.

I wonder if it'll be possible to fit some sort of spacer that doesn't look terrible or mess up the airbag / cruise control.

"8" weeks to go...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
2 weeks lukester. Will let you know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts