GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way tojust stopthe engine whilst leaving other electrical stuff (such as radio, windows, lights) switched on ? - you can do it the other way round at the start of a drive (foot off clutch and press start button once or twiceto switch electrical bits on before starting the engine with a final clutch press/start button push) . . . but all I've been able to find so far to end a drive is "All stop, everything off".

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Swash said:
can you not just power on the radio?
Yes you can, but you can't keep it on when you switch the engine off. Power to all accessories also gets switched off. You have to press the button again without pressing the clutch (brake for autos) to turn the radio back on without starting the engine.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Thats a bit weird, I would have thought that the radio & lights remain on after pressing the stop button to turn off the engine until you open the door, then the radio and lights turn off.....well thats what my Clio does....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is a Toyota, not une Renault. If you've been driving with the lights set to 'Auto' and stop the engine, then flash the lights, the dipped headlamps stay on for 30 seconds to illuminate your way to the front door. I've tried it and it works. Amazing what you can find out by reading the manual!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Musketeer said:
This is a Toyota, not une Renault. If you've been driving with the lights set to 'Auto' and stop the engine, then flash the lights, the dipped headlamps stay on for 30 seconds to illuminate your way to the front door. I've tried it and it works. Amazing what you can find out by reading the manual!!

I know but most of these systems all work the same, just like the feature you've just mentioned, it's the same in une Renault. I would have imagined the same would apply to the radio and lights when you turn the engine off.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Anyone know if its possiblee to turn the radio on/off while driving? If so, could be possible to just reroute the power wire, for permanent on, and then have to turn it off manually... would also fit me better since i use the car alot during summers for drivein movies.. where lights on are frowned upon... hehe

·
Registered
855 Posts
Cool, i forgot to check when testdriving mine.. :) Should be an easy fix then to clip 2 wires, and splice them together on the main feed. that would negate the ignition off for the radio.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikaelSE said:
Anyone know if its possiblee to turn the radio on/off while driving?
Yes.
When I picked my car up (standard head unit - no sat nav) the manual for the head unit was not supplied -note from Toyota said it would be supplied "later" . . . anyone else get the same note ?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MikaelSE said:
Anyone know if its possiblee to turn the radio on/off while driving? If so, could be possible to just reroute the power wire, for permanent on, and then have to turn it off manually... would also fit me better since i use the car alot during summers for drivein movies.. where lights on are frowned upon... hehe

Erm. I thought it was obvious. Push the top left button in....radio switched off. Push it again...radio switched on.

·
Registered
855 Posts
HEhe prolly, dont have mine here to look at the radio, and was just considering the issue with being able to listen to radio with ignition off. If there is an on/off switch, then u can always reroute the +12 ignition wire, together with the permanent +12v and voila, its always on. Ofc you would then have to turn it off yourself when u get home etc... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.