GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

New member here! Glad to found a UK forum for this :)

Quick question regarding the trim levels on the GT86. I had a test in a full spec model yesterday and i thought the interior quality was really nice, felt good, looked good and general attention seemed high. However upon realising the "leather" option was £1600 (!!!) im wondering if its worth it?

Im not fussed about the heated seats, or even the alacantra, i could even the cloth seats re-trimmed in this for a third of a price afterwards. My question though is about the rest of the interior. The leather part on the top of the door sil for example. Are any of the otherleatherinterior bits dropped by removing the leather seats options?

Thanks guys!

Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hi Nick
You've found the right place for info on the GT86. You're better off asking a question on here than at your dealer to be honest.

I've seen the and driven a GT86 with cloth seats and they're alot better than I expected. The red shoulder trim is really good and no other leather is deleted from doors or interior. I think they've used Alcantara with the leather so you don't slip about in the seat whilst cornering.

The leather interior is better looking than the cloth and I too had to weigh up whether to chooseit or not. The reason I chose it was because when I saw the GT86 I just thought it was a car that looked like it should have leather interior in it and it definitely makes the cabin look classier. Also without the heated seats you get a really cheap looking blanking plate where the switches would go but it's a small price to pay rather than £1600 if you're undecided. Other than that the cloth is perfectly good but you would also have to trim the rear seats i you went for your own leather.

What colour are you going for? I've gone for Red auto with black leather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the quickly reply, very useful!

That was my main concern, the leather on the inside of the door looks great, and it'd be a shame if not having the leather seats meant you lost out on that.

I do agree it looks like a car that needs a leather/ala trim, but as a £1600 extra it has made me think twice.

Ive been trying to find some proper user photos (not photoshop mad press stuff) of the colours to help. At the moment i'm on the verge of an order, but very undecided on colour. White, Black and dark grey are all tempting, but the orange, red and blue look good too
. Manual for me.

hmmmm!

thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
There are loads of posts on here with pics of every colour bar White,just have a look through. IMO it looks best in sporty colours, white, red and black. The silver, blueand grey colours are more suited to your BMW's and Audi's. The orange will be quite common as it's the launch colour.
Try this link for pics of colurs.. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2387

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Hi guys just thought you might like to know that launch colour is Red and not orange as is an extra £450 for Orange colour and Red us Free

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Celica66 said:
Hi guys just thought you might like to know that launch colour is Red and not orange as is an extra £450 for Orange colour and Red us Free
The guy in the showroom yesterday afternoon told me that Toyota had changed the launch colour to red. I think they may have realised they'd over done it with pics of orange everywhere for the last 6 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts