GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my 86 for about 4 months noticed the spoiler was wobbly. On further inspection I found that it was only being held on by the 2 main Bolts and all the other holes we're covered with tape (See pictures).

Questions:
1. is this an aftermarket thing or option from the factory?
2. what's the best things to use to properly attach it?
3. What is a good sealant to use around the outside to make sure no water can get in?

On a side note I wonder if anyone recognises the car? Licence plate En62 ETO

20210328_152128.jpg 20210328_152156.jpg 20210328_152204.jpg 20210328_152202.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I've had my 86 for about 4 months noticed the spoiler was wobbly. On further inspection I found that it was only being held on by the 2 main Bolts and all the other holes we're covered with tape (See pictures).

Questions:
3. What is a good sealant to use around the outside to make sure no water can get in?

On a side note I wonder if anyone recognises the car? Licence plate En62 ETO

View attachment 6104 View attachment 6105 View attachment 6103 View attachment 6101
Looks like its a aftermarket spoiler. Get some 3m tape and put loads of that on. I put some silicone around my bolts to stop water getting in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like its a aftermarket spoiler. Get some 3m tape and put loads of that on. I put some silicone around my bolts to stop water getting in.
Good idea, I assumed since it was colour was the same it was from factory, ordered some m3 tape. thank you for your help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

Questions:
Regarding a good sealant, have no experience of using it myself, but have often seen "Tigerseal" mentioned on another car forum I'm on, for anything to do with attaching spoilers / sideskirts etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts