GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Switch it off only in the wet, on empty roads... Relatively low speeds to play around when it's raining. Probably not good enough to catch it in the dry if it all goes wrong...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I'll typically use sport mode on track and even with that I managed ( suffered ) a massive slide out of Stowe corner at the weekend, when it was a little damp.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In sport mode much of the time, but turn it off completely when I feel like playing the hooligan. I race 2-stroke karts, and so I'm fairly used to catching turn-in oversteer with a bit of throttle. If you're thinking about experimenting, start on nice wide roundabouts and allow yourself plenty of room. Only a little car, but they still take up a fair amount of road when travelling sideways.

If I want to drive without concentrating too much, the VSC goes back on, and I must say it's very well sorted. The brake assist is also impressive, had to emergency stop last week, and it pulled me up in less distance than I'd expected to use.

Liam

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I've only ever put the car in VSC sport mode once.....and for no reason, by the time I thought "ooo, lets try this VSC sport mode out" I had ran out of twisties and too many cars about

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I've not really noticed a big difference between sport mode and everything on. What I will say though is with everything off you need to be very careful how you balance the car into a high speed bend as the snap oversteer can be quite aggressive!

·
Registered
855 Posts
On small'ish roads with good tight bends i usually have sport mode on, for that small wiggling of the back and fun steering, but only ever had it all off once or twice going fast, since sport is actually plenty for fun, and still saves your backside if it slips an inch too much. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
So far, like my kebabs... Everything on! Will turn off when I get to tracit, but probably not for a couple of years. She's too new. Never done a power slide in my life. Not going to start in a new car on a public road! I'm a chicken!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
triode2a3 said:
So far, like my kebabs... Everything on! Will turn off when I get to tracit, but probably not for a couple of years. She's too new. Never done a power slide in my life. Not going to start in a new car on a public road! I'm a chicken!

I think this is a good approach

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh, you don't need the TC off, to get a power slide on these cold, slimy roads! You just have to let it rotate in far enough & squeeze a little power on.

<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's probably a more honest answer than most. I of course have everything off and throw it round every corner and roundabout in a cloud of tyre smoke

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.