Registered
6,998 Posts
Celica66 said:
Good start but they have missed some good bits from full add
Yep, I deffo agree there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe you are missing the point. It starts off with the main character caught up in the hum drum world where everything is done for him in his car. He finds a secret hideout where a very special car is stored. This car has to be driven, and despite many attempts to stop him he gets away and drives it to the end of the world, as he knows it. He is trapped, going nowhere. The GT86 cannot escape the hum drum world he is trapped in..or can it. He stops, looks at the wall and smiling realises that this car is a break from the norm, the hum drum. He launches himself at the wall full of faith that this car is different, a break from tradition, an escape from his reality. NO REGRETS as the song says.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
I like the advert. It's different. There's an ever so slight nod to Initial D in it being an anime. The TV ad misses a lot of the good bits, but yeah, I like what it's saying.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I like the ad (prefer the full 90 second version), it's way better than a lot of recent car adverts (Flying Vauxhalls for example?). Also think it's a good move to go with some decent computer animation, appeals to a younger audience and I'm sure a lot of what the GT86 is about for Toyota is getting customers who aren't all claiming pensions (no offence to those here!
).

·
Registered
137 Posts
lordgrover said:
Hehe. You're in marketing aren't you?
LOL so you guessed I'm a graphic designer. If it was up to me I would have called the car a GT89. 89 is a number from the Fibonacci series and that is the pinnacle of good design going way back to ancient Greece.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angel C said:
I like the ad (prefer the full 90 second version), it's way better than a lot of recent car adverts (Flying Vauxhalls for example?). Also think it's a good move to go with some decent computer animation, appeals to a younger audience and I'm sure a lot of what the GT86 is about for Toyota is getting customers who aren't all claiming pensions (no offence to those here!
).
Some great opinions of the ad and greatexplanation from Ratzart
but quite like the one above, I'm not quite ready to start claiming me pension yet
but the GT86 is very reminiscent of the 2000GT and S800 (as it's suppose to be)andI think it will appeal to the older generation (mid 30'sto mid 50's) more than the younger generation for these reasons, so somebody breaking into the real world and driving like a road raged idiot isn't the best of ad's.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Celica66 said:
Good start but they have missed some good bits from full add

I think the reason they have been cut from the ad aired on TV is to remove any potential negative connotations associated with people driving sports cars fast on city streets.

IMO the ad is a great break for Toyota considering the other types of cars they have in their lineup and their target market.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ratzart said:
lordgrover said:
Hehe. You're in marketing aren't you?
LOL so you guessed I'm a graphic designer. If it was up to me I would have called the car a GT89. 89 is a number from the Fibonacci series and that is the pinnacle of good design going way back to ancient Greece.

LOL, you don't happen to watch Touch withKiefer Sutherland do you....good series!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.