GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that toyota have put up pricing for the rear parking sensors and JBL sounds system. £1169.99 for the JBL sounds system!! my first response was FFFFuuuuudddggge meeeee!

Has anyone considered any of the extras?

I do enjoy a good sound system both at hoem and in the car. I read somewhere the JBL system is 9 speakers including a flush fitting sub in the boot and a 440Watt amp... I am inclined to go for the factory fitted system as it will be nicely fitted... but at £1169.99 seems a bit steep?

·
Registered
619 Posts
saw the prices yesterday and its ridiculous. Also why are they using Carbon look mirror covers?

I forgot to test the stero system on my test drive. Have another on Wed so will do it then.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the system is going to be similar to this one:

http://www.jbl.com/toyota/highlander

Probably the same 440W amp....

Im starting to warm to the idea of spending than much after a bit of reasearch:

Their 4 channel 200W amp is £179.99 so if the 9 channels amp is 440W I would think it would be £400 - £500.

And if the speaker are also very high quality we could be looknig at a system that would cost £1000 to buy separately....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just looked at the website about accessories. Not sure the GT86 is the type of car to have reversing sensors on. They're £314 but are a Toyota after market set that your dealer fits and sit right in the middle of the bumper so there is no disguise. I saw these sensors on a Prius at the weekend and they look naff. Shame they couldn't incorporate them in the black diffuser at the factory. I think they'll look tacky so its a thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the only reversing aid suitable would be a camera that integrates with the Toyota Touch headunit. We have that on the Yaris so I'm a bit suprised it isn't standard

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah I'm disappointed to find no reversing camera. Considering they are fitted as standard and discreetly to other models in the Toyota range. And the GT86 has the Toyota colour screen already built in.

Bad planning that one Toyota.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The salesman I dealt with seemed to think they had planned on having it but took it off to keep the cost below 25 thousand. But the spoiler is standard now.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was quite surprised that there was no reverse camera too and that they wouldn't fit it, even though a dealer in Australia has fitted one at the dealership but made a hash of it:

www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10804

This means that I've opted for reverse parking sensors which I know won't look very nice.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speedymurr said:
£1,200 for an in-car stereo. Toyota are having a laugh surely.

That's 1% the vaue of a single bedroom flat in most areas...
lol man thats true, I was thinking that it was 5% of the value of the Car.......

It is a lot but people on the toyota owners club that have had it fitted seem to be impressed with the sound quality.

I mean its 8 speakers and a Sub woofer + an amp....

If fitting is £200, the amp is £400, the sub is £100, £50 for wiring that leaves about £50 per speaker.

I was not impressed with the standard head unit/speakers.

Such the a nice sports car deserves a good sound system :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
The price breakdown on the stereo upgrade given to me by my dealers was £750 for stereo plus £!86 for fitting kit though why they price these on their own is beyond me as without the kit it wouldnt be able to be fitted lol and then £68 per hours labour to fit it and takes 3 hours

G

·
It was Toyota World Bristol, BS4 5QL.I spoke to Lee on the phone a few days after I placed my order - it was too much for me though.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts