GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was absolutely no surprised looks at all when we heard that TRD was hard at work on tuning the all-new Toyota GT 86. It’s been a while since Toyota had such a formidable sports car platform, but we have to admit we’re still waiting anannouncementthat a method of forced induction – like a supercharger kit – has bee produced!

But we’ll give TRD the benefit of the doubt since they’ve already developed such a nice collection of modifications for the new sports car before it has even hit our soil. Our guess is that the majority of these will find their way to America’s Scion FR-S assuming that there’s little to no fitment differences on the products too. We can hardly imagine what improvements TRD has made to the sports car, considering that it’s a fantastic machine to drive straight from the factory by all accounts anyway.

Nonetheless, TRD’s full line of products for the GT 86 includes a full styling package with a new front spoiler, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear duck tail wing. For an exhaust upgrade, TRD offers a High Response exhaust Ver.R for the GT 86, sporting a quad-tipped design. For suspension and chassis upgrades, TRD has a front strut tower bar and 40-way damping adjustable suspension kit. Accessories include a radiator and oil cap, HID bulb upgrade, and Door Stabilizer Set.

For wheels and brakes, TRD offers a nicely designed 18-inch SF2 wheel, which is a one-piece forged aluminum wheel. The Big Brake Kit comes with 6-piston front calipers and 4-piston rear calipers with massive 14-inch rotors in the front and the rears are just slightly smaller at 13.6-inch. The BBK comes with new brake pads and stainless steel braided lines of course.

Lastly, the interior also has plenty of TRD goods available including a set of new seats in a black and red theme, TRD shift knob and push start button, and a series of gauges.

For now it’ll calm us down a bit, but seriously TRD… where’s our supercharger at? lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd have the brakes, the seats, the door hinges, and the spoiler.

The rest of the bodykit I prefer over the Modelista kit, Prova, Ings and Toyotas Nur Spec kit, but If I wanted a slightly more aggresive kit than the TRD then I would also consider the Greddy, Vertex and Varis kits which dont look to bad IMHO depending in what direction you want your cars styling to head in.

Edited by: Pablo

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
not keen on the stripe on seats though...

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Celica66 said:
not keen on the stripe on seats though...

Think it's just the light that makes the passenger one looks like it's faded. Looks much better on the driver's side which you can just see in the pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts