GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said yes to the sat nav as would like an inbuilt system to save me using my iPhone and TomTom car kit but having looked at video reviews it seems to lack the detailed HD traffic that my TomTom has and with me doing so many miles this saves me hours each month. Can someone with it fitted give me a detailed review on how it compares to a TomTom with the traffic services? Does it always pick up traffic? Does it reroute you whenever an alternative is quicker etc etc?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not picked mine up yet, tho my old '06 Rav T180 had similar looking touch and go system.
That used to reroute me... Can't say it was that good but I'd hope it's a bit more accurate 6 years on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I am sure it would do an ok job at getting me places but not sure the traffic is at the level of TomTom. My TomTom with HD traffic has saved me hours with my daily commute from Essex to Kent, I wish I could have that on the screen! Am I right in thinking it only gets data via the radio frequencies not like the phone through 3g so more data?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.