GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of us have found out the volume knob on the Touch and Go is too small and too smooth to allow easy adjustment when driving

So I thought I'd try a way of increasing the diameter and making it a more tactile feel

Sorry for the poor quality photos (iPod at night which has no flash)

What is this marvelous adapter device

The tyre off one of these .....

I have just driven back from my mates and found it much easier to find and adjust the volume, no glue involved, just pushes on.

So get rooting through the kids Lego and give it a try

Alec

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
That is awesome Alec, good find! Sadly I don't have any Lego wheels so I'll have to find something else!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scalextrix tyres might work as well

Alec

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Interesting... I only have the Standard radio but even on that the knob is on the wrong side (away from the driver) and too smooth and stiff.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Senna said:
Interesting... I only have the Standard radio but even on that the knob is on the wrong side (away from the driver) and too smooth and stiff.

Same knob!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
gt_sjo said:
Senna said:

Same knob!

Please don't call me that !

OK, that explains it... I didn't recognise it due to the STI/TRD -Modification !

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a better picture taken with a real camera

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ob1kxb said:
very fashionable
Unlike my son I am not a victim of that ! Now functional engineering solution, thats me

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Not an elegant solution, - but an effective one !

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Senna said:
Not an elegant solution, - but an effective one ! 
Careful now, while it probably isn't aesthetically pleasing, in engineering parlance my solution is an elegant one

An elegant solution, often referred to in relation to problems in disciplines such as mathematics, engineering, and programming, is one in which the maximum desired effect is achieved with the smallest, or simplest effort. Engineers, for example, seek the elegant solution as a means of solving a problem with the least possible waste of materials and effort.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I stand corrected!

But it's an elegant solution in the way the current F1 Ferrari's nose is elegant maybe!
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
keelerad said:
As most of us have found out the volume knob on the Touch and Go is too small and too smooth to allow easy adjustment when driving

So I thought I'd try a way of increasing the diameter and making it a more tactile feel

What is this marvelous adapter device

The tyre off one of these .....

I have just driven back from my mates and found it much easier to find and adjust the volume, no glue involved, just pushes on.

So get rooting through the kids Lego and give it a try

Alec
Repost to fix photos

·
Registered
855 Posts
Could a fun mod project once the T&G unit goes out, in favour of something that can play real music... :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.