GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else trawled through the phone compatibility charts hereand noticed how few are the phones that are fully compatible with all the features of the Touch & Go?

Seems like the choices are limited to a Motorola Razr and a slew of Blackberrys...

The really weird thing is that, in terms of Android phones anyway, newer OS versions are not necessarily better!
For example, the Razr only has 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) in it but it gets green ticks right across the board and yet the HTC Desire S (e.g.) which also has 2.3.5 won't do internet pass through or SMS! However, the HTC Sensation with 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich - newer) manages pass-through but no SMS!
Weird... None of the iPhones support SMS either.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well thats pants, my phone isn't even listed, though most of it does work but the annoying thing is that voice command on my phone doesn't work with the Bluetooth of the head unit, which is something I could really do with....whichcategory does that come under in those charts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
CPN said:
Has anyone else trawled through the phone compatibility charts here and noticed how few are the phones that are fully compatible with all the features of the Touch & Go?

Seems like the choices are limited to a Motorola Razr and a slew of Blackberrys... 

The really weird thing is that, in terms of Android phones anyway, newer OS versions are not necessarily better!
 For example, the Razr only has 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) in it but it gets green ticks right across the board and yet the HTC Desire S (e.g.) which also has 2.3.5 won't do internet pass through or SMS! However, the HTC Sensation with 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich - newer) manages pass-through but no SMS!
 Weird... None of the iPhones support SMS either.
WTF?? When I click on your link I can't even find a link to the UK site, let alone see the phone list! Anyone else got their iPhone 5 working with the Internet connection or SMS function?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pt86 said:
CPN said:
Has anyone else trawled through the phone compatibility charts hereand noticed how few are the phones that are fully compatible with all the features of the Touch & Go?
WTF?? When I click on your link I can't even find a link to the UK site, let alone see the phone list! Anyone else got their iPhone 5 working with the Internet connection or SMS function?
That's because any reference to a bluetooth compatibility table on the UK site points to the European site! That link is correct but you need to use the dropdowns to select vehicle, system and phone type to drill down to the table... Here it is for Apple iPhones...

Can't seem to get it big enough to show properly here (probably because it's too long) but if you try again from the link now...

Colin

Edited by: CPN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.