GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
There are some limitations with displaying pictures on the forum - you may be better hosting the pics elsewhere (e.g. imgur, photobucket etc) and just linking to them here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
whilst I was there, I asked about a mandatory ECU upgrade on newly delivered cars (of which they are currently prepping 3), Anthony certainly wasn't aware, but doesn't mean the service guys aren't. Hope is gives you a permanent resolution Malcolm. I won't ask to get mine done though unless I develop an issue.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guy was down from MK at my dealership and he said none of their cars had any CEL issues, never heard of it. Not sure if this is the typical british deniability customer care response to something being wrong.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
It's not surprising as Toyota are quoting only 4% failure rate with this particular issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm totally not concerned about it either way other than having to put my car in service and losing it for X days... 5 year warranty is a 5 year warranty. It has to be rectified otherwise it would not be fit for purpose and we're all covered as consumers under sales of goods act with dealers. No need to stress if you ask me, Toyota have shown they are not afraid of taking decisive action with recalls even when the risk of failure or problems is low. I always think these are the things that cement good relationships between buyer and purchaser myself. Nothing worse than an impassive buyer who could stray at their next purchase. Always how you deal with issues, and in my business it is often crunch issues that give you a customer for life...

Wasn't so long ago that 'caveat emptor' applied to purchases including cars and manufacturers would never admit to such things. Truth is as buyers the law is on our side and manufacturers go well above and beyond what is demanded by the law to please their customers. Take the 5 year warranty for example.. my thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
pt86 said:
whilst I was there, I asked about a mandatory ECU upgrade on newly delivered cars (of which they are currently prepping 3), Anthony certainly wasn't aware, but doesn't mean the service guys aren't. Hope is gives you a permanent resolution Malcolm. I won't ask to get mine done though unless I develop an issue.
This is because when mine CEL'd at the weekend I dropped into Steven Eagell Aylesbury and spoke to their service manager...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.