GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GT86 Wins Top Gear Speed Week

I especially enjoyed the parts where Clarkson rants about Turbos removing character from Engines

I tried to add in highres but it looks liek they are being compressed.

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Shame
As live to get a copy
Anyone know where I can get one please?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i looked on web but seem unable to find this copy of Top Gear Magazine on here anywhere?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
GT86Owner said:
THe images I uploaded were highres, but they got compressed
How about google docs ?

Upload files and folders to Google Docs
Overview of uploading to Google Docs

Google Docs allows you to upload and store files in the cloud. You can upload both files and folders, including an array of file types ranging from document types to image types to video formats. Here are some of the things you can do when you upload files or folders to Google Docs:

Access your files and folders from any computer, anywhere in the world by signing into Google Docs. The only requirement is that you have an Internet connection.
Share files and folders with friends, family members or colleagues, allowing them to view the files in the Google Docs Viewer.
Convert files to Google Docs format and collaboratively edit these files online.
Upload photos and videos to view or share.

As an example I have put the large versions of my GT86 photos here and shared them

My Pics

The high res scans could be added in the same manner
AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
anyone else think the car we are all buying is ugly? He's a star old Clarkson but can be a Twunt sometimes
. But then again .. he's kidding

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I think you can buy it as well, see

www.topgear.com

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's just he next mag. Subscribers get it early. Impressive if the 86 won though. Esp for Clarkson

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah cool looks like its coming. Yeah I was shocked that Clarkson put it ahead of the focus st and the vxr! So I kept reading and got to Clarkson on the GT86. Again surprised he loved it. He said one of his favourite cars! Then the group test in Scottish mountains.. and the GT86 won! Amazing. Slowest car in the group too!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
keelerad said:
GT86Owner said:
THe images I uploaded were highres, but they got compressed
How about google docs ?

Upload files and folders to Google Docs
Overview of uploading to Google Docs

Google Docs allows you to upload and store files in the cloud. You can upload both files and folders, including an array of file types ranging from document types to image types to video formats. Here are some of the things you can do when you upload files or folders to Google Docs:

Access your files and folders from any computer, anywhere in the world by signing into Google Docs. The only requirement is that you have an Internet connection.
Share files and folders with friends, family members or colleagues, allowing them to view the files in the Google Docs Viewer.
Convert files to Google Docs format and collaboratively edit these files online.
Upload photos and videos to view or share.

As an example I have put the large versions of my GT86 photos here and shared them

My Pics

The high res scans could be added in the same manner
Alec
I've emailed them to you Alec

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clarkson when talknig about the GT86 and the Swift Sport:

Both have plain, simple cabins, both are light and agile; both have naturally aspirated engines and both are percieved as underpowered. Niether acually is.
Look, I'm getting fed up with this. Yes, Turbos are great for power and can be economical, but they're not automatically better. A naturally aspirated enginer has nowhere to hide; it doesnt have mod-range torque as a fallback position. In the Focus ST, I rarely found myself using the whole rev range. No need.
But in the swift and GT86, evry rev a sacred. It matters where the counter needle is pointing and, ideally, it wants to be a long way from the idle positon. You have to make the sing - they dont give of themselves readily.
The GT86, hand on heart, was one of the my favourite cars. Its not slow - it realy isn't - it just that you have to work to get performacne from it, but is that a problem? It sounds sweet, is smooth and has the best throttle response of anytihng here, 911 and BAC included.
And i'm sorry, Ford and Vauxhall and Suzuki, but the Toyota is just better at corners than all of you. It's nimble and light and has such a sweet balance of power and grip - sweet enough to be able to overlook the underwhelming cabin. And yes, those narrow tyres mean the RWD GT86 is excellent at skids, but even if that isn't you chosen angle of attack, it really doesn't matter - the GT86 is as keen that you enjoy the experience as the swift. It's a real-world hero, and given thats what we set out to find at the start, this is clearly an excellent place to finish.

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Nice quality images thanks
Still can't wait to get my own car though...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts