GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting to see (and drive) the GT86 ever since the first concept came out years ago.

First impressions, really love it! Lot of fun on the wet Welsh roads today and even got a little bit of oversteer on a few roundabouts (encouraged by the salesman). Such a fun car to drive. If I had any concerns at all it would be the back seats were quite small - even for my 7 & 5 year old kids (but they didn't complain much).

I'm seriously considering getting one (in pearl white or black).

Standard Instagram pic:

Oh and here is my current car, very different to the GT86 ;)

http://thrll.com/car/2004-nissan-cube-12145

Edited by: KieranYo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and something else I just thought of that I really liked (and hasn't been mentioned elsewhere is the 'frameless' rear view mirror :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
KieranYo said:
Oh and something else I just thought of that I really liked (and hasn't been mentioned elsewhere is the 'frameless' rear view mirror :)

Mentioned in the "GT86 UK Supply..." thread, page 6, on 17th June.

It is a cool design feature though.Edited by: Speedymurr

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I would imagine it'll be a very different kind of car to the cube! Do you have another car to use for longer trips with the kids or would the 86 be your main car? Just need to work out how major e back seat issue would be... Your kids are not going to get any smaller

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Just been checking out the photos on the link, very nice car you've got there. We've got a white one in the area (not the special ed) and I do like them, something nice and different. I like the mini wheels you've put on them

If you get an 86 then I take it you'll want to do one or two things with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan said:
I would imagine it'll be a very different kind of car to the cube! Do you have another car to use for longer trips with the kids or would the 86 be your main car? Just need to work out how major e back seat issue would be... Your kids are not going to get any smaller
No the 86 would be my main car, although I only use a car on the weekends (I work away in London during the week so a car isn't needed). The kids were quite happy back there mind, and if one of them was in the front then I can afford to move the seat forward a little for more space.

Plus, this may or may not make sense but I'd like to introduce a car into their life that helps them understand the excitement and enthusiasm I have around cars, and I think the 86 is the car to do it.

Dan said:
Just been checking out the photos on the link, very nice car you've got there. We've got a white one in the area (not the special ed) and I do like them, something nice and different. I like the mini wheels you've put on them

If you get an 86 then I take it you'll want to do one or two things with it?

Thanks! :) Yeah the mini wheels look great on it.

I'm very torn about getting rid of the cube though to be honest. I've grown quite attached to it, and my son doesn't want me to get rid of it either (mostly because of the DVD player though I think). It's a great car but is the complete opposite of the 86. It's like a sofa on wheels, and even struggles on hills on the motorway. I can't stop thinking about the 86 though..

Oh and by the way, that website (THRLL.com) is my baby, I built and run it. I've already added the GT86 in preparation :) http://thrll.com/cars/toyota/gt86

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Hi Guys

I just drove the Manual and as i had already drove the Auto at Goodwood i can say .....BUY THE MANUAL ...

So much more feel to the car as you are in control of revs and gear changes and i like the gear shift indicator on dash when you give it some beans...

All credit to Toyota Beadles in Maidstone for all their help in test drive

Glad i have mine on order and can't wait for it to get here....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts