GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am tempted to forget the Nav option.
Built in satnavs tend to be difficult (expensive) to keep up to date.
The number of times i find myself driving 'across the fields' with my Mazda is outrageous.
So i am looking at a TomTom - probably the TomTom live.

Where do those of you who have TomToms intend to mount yours in the GT?
The cabin is quite smalll isn't it? The dash is fairly densly populated with stuff too....

and to add to that where would you chaps mount an iphone?

I suppose that could be anywhere and activated by Siri so not quite so critical.

So I suspect I'm more concerned about a neat mounting solution for the TomTom that isn't going to obscure vision and isn't going to clutter the controls.

Have any of you found a neat solution to this?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
no until i get my car doubt i will either..i have Tom Tom live and works fine so no Nav unit for my car as saved the money

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Nav in the GT is made with a certain well known brand. Updating is simple, via the usb port, once signed into MyToyota online.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I'm going to ask Brodit if they intend to make as phone bracket for the GT86. If they do, that's me sold!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a decent TomTom and didn't order Satnav, at the stupid Satnav purchase cost. £750 for an update to the stereo unit supplied as standard in the car. When will Toyota and other manufacturers realise that £750 (or even more) can buy an awful lot of anything else.
I can move my Satnav into any car. It's dead easy to keep updated and it's not "mickey mouse" as some can be. Of course I keep the satnav when I sell the car!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Speedymurr said:
I have a decent TomTom and didn't order Satnav, at the stupid Satnav purchase cost.  £750 for an update to the stereo unit supplied as standard in the car.  When will Toyota and other manufacturers realise that £750 (or even more) can buy an awful lot of anything else. 
I can move my Satnav into any car.  It's dead easy to keep updated and it's not "mickey mouse" as some can be.  Of course I keep the satnav when I sell the car!
I totally agree with you as I was thinking the same thing
Did my sat nab cost me £7:50 ....NO
can I take it with me YES
Do I want to save money YES
I get very annoyed at car company,s when they offer add ons as would prefer 1 price and a list saying everything included no extra cost

When you buy a house you do not have to pay extra for a back door do you so why keep trying to get more money from car buyers ?.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts